Maine Arts Commission (MAC)
Grants of up to $2,000 to Maine professional filmmakers to attend educational events and opportunities. Funding is intended to help filmmakers develop their skills and stay current with industry standards and technology through attending film seminars, workshops, conferences, and festivals.
GrantWatch ID#: 180162
The maximum award is $2,000.
Award Cycle: July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020
An individual is eligible to apply if they meet all of the following criteria:
- Have resided full-time in Maine for at least one year immediately prior to the application deadline.
- Will reside full-time in Maine throughout the project period.
- Are at least 18 years of age or older by the application deadline.
- Are not a student enrolled in a degree or certificate-granting program.
- Is in compliance with Final Reports required by the Maine Arts Commission for previous awards.
Grant awards may not be re-granted nor used to cover the costs of brick-and-mortar projects, permanent or capital equipment, operating support or fundraising.
Agency staff are always available as a resource for applicants. It is recommended applicants contact the correct staff person a minimum of two-weeks prior to submitting the application.
Application Deadline: March 21, 2019
Grant notification: by July 31
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For general and specific questions about the application or review process please contact:
Kerstin Gilg, Director of Grants and Accessibility
Maine Arts Commission
193 State Street
25 State House Station
Augusta, Maine 04333-0025