Foundation / Corporation
Ms. Foundation for Women - Asian Women Giving Circle (AWGC)
03/15/19 5:00 PM EST
Grants of up to $15,000 to New York City Asian-American female artists and nonprofit organizations that use arts and culture to address social issues. Funding is intended to support projects that promote women's leadership and address critical issues that affect Asian American women, girls, and families.
Asian Women Giving Circle (AWGC) believes culture is an essential part of any strategy for social change. The Foundation supports Asian American women-led organizations and individual artists in NYC who are using arts and culture to:
- Bring about progressive social transformation,
- Raise awareness and catalyze action around critical issues that affect Asian American women, girls, and families, and
- Highlight and promote women’s central role as leaders, creators, developers, and managers of these projects.
Project criteria include:
- All artistic disciplines will be considered, including cross-disciplinary work
- Projects must incorporate the arts in an integral way
- Projects must highlight women’s leadership and/or central role
- Projects must demonstrate a deep commitment to a specific community in NYC
- Proposals must make a clear case for the theory of change envisioned by the project, based on the applicants’ own criteria for defining and measuring impact
Applications will be reviewed by the AWGC Steering Committee on the basis of:
- The quality of the project concept in relation to social change
- The potential impact of the project to change hearts, minds, and communities towards progressive social change
- The artist’s or organization’s strong commitment to a particular community in NYC
- The central role of Asian American women and girls in the project’s conceptual framework, design and implementation
- The artist’s or organization’s ability to complete the project and use the grant funds effectively
GrantWatch ID#: 180174
In this grants cycle, the Foundation anticipates that 5-8 project grants will be awarded, contingent on available funding.
The maximum grant amount is $15,000.
This RFP is open to both 501(c)(3) organizations and individual artists.
Artists and collectives that are not 501(c)(3)s must apply under a fiscal sponsor that is a 501(c)(3) organization, which they must list on their application as the applying organization.
NOTE: Failure to provide 501(c)(3) documentation or to provide a fiscal sponsor with the same will automatically disqualify the application.
Applicants can be at any stage in their careers but must have a track record of developed work that demonstrates their capacity to complete the proposed project and manage the funds requested.
Grants must be applied to specific projects and cannot support the organization’s ongoing programs, operations, capital or endowments.
- Capital or endowment campaigns
- Equipment purchases
- Support to address financial crises or shortfalls
- Purely personal works of artistic expression with little or no social justice impact
- Documentation that is primarily of cultural events
- Performances or personalities that do not provide a social change analysis or social justice focus
- Student productions or projects associated with a degree program and academic credit
- Grant application deadline is 5 pm EST, Friday, March 15, 2019. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
- Notification of Grant Awards will be made by mid-June 2019
- All grantees will be required to submit a narrative and financial report at the end of the grant year (June 2020)
Applications will be accepted only via this online process.
Please note that incomplete applications, applications sent via regular mail, or applications that do not adhere to the specified requirements will not be accepted.
Description of Past Grants:
Proposal components for artists:
Proposal components for organizations:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Work samples may be mailed to the following address:
Asian Women Giving Circle
c/o Ms. Foundation for Women
12 MetroTech Center, 26th floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201
For technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com
For questions regarding the RFP, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
USA: New York City; New York