Grants ranging from $500 to $6,000 to British Columbia nonprofit organizations in the Vancouver metropolitan area to promote public understanding of agricultural production and local food. Activities must impact more than one municipality in the region. Activities will be evaluated based on uniqueness, regional scope, target audience, and alignment with Metro Vancouver's regional policy objectives.
1. The agriculture awareness activity is unique. A high score will be given to awareness activities that are one of a kind in the region and are currently not being done by another organization in Metro Vancouver.
2. The geographic scope of the grants awarded reaches out to municipalities across the region. A high score will be awarded to projects that provide a broad reach in Metro Vancouver or are targeting areas that are not currently well served by agriculture awareness activities.
3. The activity reaches out to culturally diverse audiences, urban residents, youth or K-12 school children. A high score will be awarded to when these audiences are targeted in the awareness activity.
4. The activity contributes to the following desirable outcomes that support regional policy objectives, where a high score is awarded when the agriculture awareness activity aligns with two or more of the regional policy objectives.
- Educates residents about local food production;
- Enhances food literacy and skills in schools;
- Communicates how food choices support the local economy;
- Supports the next generation of food producers; and
- Involves community gatherings that educate residents about local food.
GrantWatch ID#: 180210
The grant request is in the range of $500 to $6,000.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Fax to: 604-432-6296
Metro Vancouver Agriculture Awareness Grants
Parks, Planning and Environment Department
Metrotower III, 4730 Kingsway, 22nd floor
Burnaby, BC V5H 0C6
A list of municipalities in the region can be found at: http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/municipalities/Pages/default.aspx
Canada: British Columbia