Foundation / Corporation
Lancaster County Community Foundation
05/17/19 11:59 PM
Grants ranging from $20,000 to $88,500 to Pennsylvania nonprofit organizations that own historically significant structures in Lancaster and Cumberland counties for preservation projects. Applicants must call before applying. Funding may be used for the maintenance, restoration, and repair of the structures, and for many of the “unglamorous things” necessary to sustain a documented historical structure owned by a community benefit organization, so that it may be preserved for future generations.
Possible projects include painting, repointing, roof repair and replacement, electrical system repair and replacement, HVAC repair and replacement, and other general restoration, maintenance, and repair.
Evaluation criteria include:
- Historical significance: The degree to which the historic structure has significance in the community
- The potential for transformation: The degree to which the project would affect the functioning of the organization
- Implementation plan: The degree to which the key details of the project are accounted for
- Organizational planning and capacity: The degree to which the organization has planned or is planning to gather the required funding for this and other upcoming projects and the degree to which the organization demonstrates a proven track record with similar projects
- Long-term benefits: The degree to which the project brings ecological benefits and long-term cost savings
GrantWatch ID#: 180248
Grants range from $20,000 to $88,500.
July 18, 2019 to July 18, 2020.
Eligibility for funding is determined based on due diligence and assessment of the following:
- Services to benefit the residents of Lancaster County and Cumberland County
- Current 501(c)(3) designation from the IRS
- Registered with the Pennsylvania Bureau of Charitable Organizations unless otherwise exempt per the Institutions of Purely Public Charity Act
- IRS Form 990
- Annual Audit or a financial review by an independent CPA within the last 12 months
- In good standing with all existing awards and contracts with the Lancaster County Community Foundation
Funding will be awarded for project execution only, not for feasibility studies or other planning purposes.
Please note the Community Foundation will not typically fund:
- Creation of new organization
- Capital campaigns/capital costs (equipment, building costs, maintenance)
- Political campaigns
- Expenses incurred before the grant is awarded
- Cemetery associations
- Religious causes that further a specific belief/agenda
Applicants are required to have a conversation with Ashlinn Masland-Sarani prior to submitting a proposal. Organizations will be provided with a password for accessing the application.
One application welcome per organization.
- Feedback is available on applications submitted by May 3, 2019 and changes can be made.
- Final submissions must be received by May 17, 2019
- Award notification will be by phone or email on July 18, 2019
For more information see: https://www.lancfound.org/grants/
Grant application video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=etScRJXC2bE
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=lancfound
For questions, contact:
- Dave Koser at email@example.com or 717-397-1629 ext. 112
- Ashlinn Masland-Sarani at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-397-1629 ext. 110
- Fran Rodriguez at email@example.com or 717-397-1629 ext. 115
Lancaster County Community Foundation
24 W King Street, Suite 201
Lancaster, PA 17603
USA: Pennsylvania: Lancaster and Cumberland counties