Foundation / Corporation
Mankato Area Foundation (MAF)
Grants to Minnesota nonprofits in the Mankato area for programs and projects that enrich the livability of the local community. Proposals must align with the following areas of focus: arts and culture, education and community development, recreation, and aesthetics. Funding is intended to benefit the residents of Mankato, North Mankato, Eagle Lake, and Madison Lake.
Core Funding Areas:
- Arts & Culture: Projects that enrich or strengthen infrastructure and opportunities for arts and culture offerings in Mankato area communities.
- Recreation: Recreational activities or visible and useful enhancements to area parks that will benefit people in the Mankato area.
- Education & Community Development: Programs, projects, or initiatives that educate area citizens of any age in ways that help shape the Mankato area.
- Aesthetics: Landscaping, restoration, remodeling, or other improvements to a community site that will enhance the Mankato area.
Projects must be visible, available to a large portion of the public, and have a lasting positive impact.
GrantWatch ID#: 180279
The Mankato Area Foundation focuses its Community Fund Grants typically within the Independent School District #77 geographic boundaries (Mankato, North Mankato, Eagle Lake and Madison Lake). Nonprofits located outside of the geographic boundaries are eligible to apply if there is a direct benefit to the Greater Mankato Area.
Funds can only be awarded to non-profit organizations or project committees that are tax exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS Code.
Grant applicants may use a Fiscal Sponsor. The Mankato Area Foundation is able to be a Fiscal Sponsor.
- Operating/recurring expenses or advertising of special events.
- Any project activity or event that will be completed before MAF funds are awarded (two calendar months after the deadline).
- More than one grant per year to any given organization.
- Organizations that practice discrimination by race, creed, gender, disability condition, sexual preference or national origin.
- Political activities or organizations.
- Religious organizations for sectarian purposes.
- Fraternal, veteran or labor groups for activities serving only their membership.
- Organizations serving populations primarily outside the Greater Mankato area.
- Projects benefitting individuals, privately owned property or businesses.
2018 Application Deadlines are April 1 and October 1.
Applicants are encouraged to speak with the Project Manager before submitting their application.
Only one grant will be given per year to any given organization. Please note that the Mankato Area Foundation does not provide ongoing funds for specific projects.
Applicants will be notified in writing if their grant was approved or denied approximately two months after the application was submitted.
Applicant Tutorial: https://app.box.com/s/luks6ckh1pydgbrnjze9
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=mankatoareafoundation
Mankato Area Foundation
127 S. 2nd Street, Suite 100
Mankato, MN 56001
USA: Minnesota: The Independent School District #77 geographic boundaries: Mankato, North Mankato, Eagle Lake, and Madison Lake