Foundation / Corporation
Entergy Charitable Foundation (ECF)
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations, schools, hospitals, government agencies, religious institutions, and volunteer fire departments in eligible states for community benefit programs. Particular focus will be placed on the areas of education, literacy, and low-income initiatives and solutions. The Funding Source seeks to support initiatives that create and sustain thriving communities.
Geographic eligibility includes the communities where the funding source operates: Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Massachusetts, Michigan, New York, and Texas. See the links provided in Grant Coverage Areas below.
Focus Area Details:
Low-Income Initiatives and Solutions
The Foundation seeks programs that provide for innovative and measurable ways to positively impact families and their ability to support those most vulnerable, the children and the elderly. Such programs may include, but are not limited to:
- Sustaining families and self-sufficiency
- Technical assistance and training for nonprofits
- Home-ownership preparation
- Energy management and awareness
- Innovative use and promotion of alternative sources of energy
Education and Literacy
When people are geared with knowledge, they become more effective within their communities. Educated, critically thinking citizens make the community as a whole more powerful. One of the key issues in combating poverty is eliminating illiteracy. Thriving communities depend on self-sufficient, productive citizens. The Foundation believes that an essential element to healthy, thriving communities is creating an environment where every individual has basic reading and writing skills.
GrantWatch ID#: 180322
Grants from the Foundation will only be made to the following types of organizations:
- Nonprofit organizations that are tax exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code ("Tax Code"), or
- Schools, hospitals, governmental units and religious institutions that hold nonprofit status similar to that of 501(c)(3) organizations, which may therefore be eligible.
- Volunteer fire departments that are 501(c)(4)
The Foundation will not fund:
- Groups without 501(c)(3) or similar non-profit status
- Payment of utility bills
- Capital project funding (i.e., building campaigns)
- Political candidates or groups
- Gala events, testimonials or fundraising meals, advertisements in programs or similar fundraising activities
- Purchase of uniforms, equipment, or trips for school-related organizations or amateur sports teams
- Activities whose sole purpose is promotion or support of a specific religion, denomination, or religious institution
- Grants to individuals or loans of any type
- Any organization owned or operated by an employee of Entergy
Applications for the Foundation generally are reviewed twice a year.
Applications must be submitted by the following deadlines: February 1st and August 1st.
Applications should not be submitted more than one month prior to the deadline (i.e., for the August 1st deadline, July 1st is the earliest date applications are accepted).
Please make sure to submit your application at least three months prior to the time the requested funds are needed.
Once you have submitted your application online, please allow at least three months after the deadline date (see above) for notification of the result of your request. If by that time Entergy has not contacted you, please feel free to call the appropriate contributions coordinator for your geographic area.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Susan Dalton, Entergy Arkansas
Melissa Wild, Entergy Louisiana (excluding New Orleans)
Kim Mitchell, Entergy New Orleans
Valarie Mabry, Entergy Mississippi
Debi Derrick, Entergy Texas
Deborah Fay, Entergy Nuclear (North)
Donicia Thompson, Entergy Nuclear (South)
Christine Jordan, Entergy Corporation
Jennifer Quezergue, Entergy Corporation
Patrick O’Brien, Massachusetts
Nick Culp, Michigan
Andrea Blizard, New York
New York: http://www.entergy.com/our_community/NYCounties.aspx
USA: Arkansas; Louisiana; Massachusetts; Michigan; Mississippi; New York; Texas