Foundation / Corporation
DTE Energy Foundation
Grants to USA nonprofits in states where the funding source does business for programs that support K-12 and higher education, leadership development, diversity issues, and the environment. Funding is intended for program support as well as fundraising event support.
Eligible states include Alabama, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, New York City, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
Charitable event sponsorships are available for $5,000 or less, or $5,001 or more. Event sponsorship only apply to events that are held on one day for the sole purpose of raising funds. Grants are available from $500 to $2,000, from $2,001 to $10,000, and $10,001 or greater.
GrantWatch ID#: 180327
Charitable fundraising events: Sponsorship of $5,000 or less
Charitable fundraising events: Sponsorships of $5,001 or more
Foundation grants: $500 - $2,000
Foundation grants: $2,001 - $10,000
Foundation grants: $10,001 or greater
To be considered for a charitable contribution from DTE Energy or the DTE Energy Foundation, the requesting organization must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be located in or provide services to a community in which DTE Energy does business (Alabama, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, New York City, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Wisconsin)
- Be a nonprofit (i.e. be exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and not a private foundation, as defined in Section 509(a) of the Code)
Contributions are not given to:
- Individuals (including those seeking direct scholarships)
- Political parties, organizations or activities
- Religious organizations for religious (denominational) purposes
- Organizations that are not able to demonstrate commitment to equality and diversity (clients, staff and board composition)
- Student group trips
- National or international organizations, unless they are providing benefits directly to our service-area residents
- Projects that may result in undue personal benefit to a member of the DTE Energy Foundation board or to any DTE Energy employee
- Conferences, unless they are aligned with DTE Energy's business interests
- Single purpose health organizations
- Hospitals, for building or equipment needs
Larger requests will require more time to review and may be deferred to subsequent quarters. Please plan accordingly.
1st Quarter: January 23 - February 3; Responses by: February 10, 2017.
2nd Quarter: Application period: April 24 - May 5; Responses by: August 11, 2017.
3rd Quarter: Application period: July 24 - August 4; Responses by: November 17, 2017.
4th Quarter: Application period: October 23 - November 3; Responses by: February 9, 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply for event sponsorship, e-mail the completed application and other required documents as attachments to email@example.com
To apply for grants, e-mail the completed application and other required documents as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
USA: Alabama; Arizona; California; Florida; Georgia; Illinois; Indiana; Kansas; Maryland; Michigan; Mississippi; Nevada; New York City; New York; North Carolina; Ohio; Oklahoma; Pennsylvania; South Carolina; Texas; Utah; Virginia; Wisconsin