Foundation / Corporation
Elizabethtown Healthcare Foundation
Grants to New Jersey nonprofit organization for programs and projects that address healthcare and health-related needs of residents in Elizabeth and the surrounding communities of Linden, Roselle, Roselle Park, Union, and Hillside. Funding will be provided to strengthen existing programs, or to develop innovative projects or programs that are central to the mission of the organization requesting funds and that:
1. Address healthcare and related needs which relate to the following Centers of Excellence of the former Elizabeth General Medical Center:
- Psychiatry/Behavioral Health
- Renal Services
- Pediatric Services
- Nursing Education
2. Support Trinitas Regional Medical Center, especially in the areas noted above.
3. Recognize the value of addressing family needs in caring for the elderly and making children happier and healthier.
4. Promote better awareness and use of available health resources.
Other funding priorities include programs or projects that:
- Promote cooperation among agencies to avoid duplication of effort and resources.
- Build the capacity of an organization to improve its performance and impact (e.g., board leadership, management capabilities, strategic planning, and consultants).
- Are reasonably assured of continued support after the Foundation funding involvement is discontinued.
GrantWatch ID#: 180400
Applicants should request funding for a one-year period only. Funding for the same program or project may be requested for an additional two years (maximum three years) with the approval of the Foundation.
- Have received tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; and
- Qualify as "not a private foundation" under Section 509(a) of the Code; and
- A supported organization under sections 509(a)(1) or 50(a)(2) of the Code; or
- A supporting organization under 509(a)(3) of the Code that is either a Type I, Type II or functionally integrated Type III supporting organization provided that a disqualified person from the Elizabethtown Healthcare Foundation controls the supporting organization or one of its supported organizations unless such control is permitted by applicable regulations.
The applicant must use the grant to address healthcare and related needs in Elizabeth, New Jersey and the surrounding communities of Linden, Roselle, Roselle Park, Union and Hillside.
Eligible Use of Funds:
Funds for capital improvements and equipment will be distributed upon receipt of the invoices by the Foundation office. Program funds will be disbursed according to a schedule approved by the Trustees.
Organizations must not be either:
- A Type I or Type II supporting organization or a functionally integrated Type III organization under Section 509(a)(3) of the Code if a disqualified person from the organization controls the supporting organization or one of its supporting organizations, unless such control is permitted by applicable regulations; or
- A Type III supporting organization under Section 509(a)(3) of the Code that is not functionally integrated.
Areas generally not funded include:
- Budget deficits or general operating support
- Annual appeals
- Fundraising dinners or journals
- Requests from individuals will not be accepted.
- Requests may not be for political or lobbying activities.
Requests may not be for religious activities; however, this does not preclude consideration of requests for nonsectarian health or human services projects undertaken by religiously affiliated or supported organizations.
There is no specific application form to complete. Proposals should be in letter form, generally no more than four pages in length.
Grant decisions will be made twice a year during meetings of the Board of Trustees of the Foundation in May and November. Proposals must be received in the Foundation office by April 10 to be considered for the May meeting, and October 10 to be considered for the November meeting. Proposals can be submitted at any time to David A. Fletcher, President.
The upcoming deadline is October 10, 2017.
Click here to view the online FAQs: http://www.elizabethtownhf.org/faqs.htm
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applicants are encouraged to call the Foundation office at 908-994-8065 with questions about the guidelines or application process.
Additional Contact Information:
David A. Fletcher, President
Elizabethtown Healthcare Foundation
PO Box 259
Elizabeth, NJ 07207-0259
USA: New Jersey: Elizabeth and the surrounding communities of Linden, Roselle, Roselle Park, Union, and Hillside