Foundation / Corporation
Washington County Community Foundation (WCCF)
04/15/19 3:30 PM
Grants to Washington County, Indiana nonprofit organizations for programs and projects that enhance the quality of life in local communities. Funding is intended for activities addressing health, recreational, cultural, and social needs. Coordination among several funding sources is recommended.
Foundation funds ordinarily are not given to agencies for the purpose of meeting routine budgets. Rather funds should be granted for:
- Special studies that examine problems and aim to develop solutions.
- Seed money, which initiates worthwhile projects and supports them on a planned basis until they are taken over by an appropriate agency.
- Special non-recurring projects, which enrich health, education, cultural or recreational situations in Washington County.
- Capital expenditures, which will improve the quality of life in Washington County.
- Focus on those types of grants that will have the greatest benefit per dollar granted.
- Encourage the participation of other contributions by using matching, challenge, and other grant techniques.
GrantWatch ID#: 180446
Grants will be made only to organizations whose programs benefit the residents of Washington County.
Grants from Washington County Community Foundation must meet legal and tax requirements as to purpose and may be made only to nonprofit organizations and causes.
Grant recipients must show that their financial affairs are being properly administered and may be required to submit audited balance sheets and operating statements.
No grants will be made to support political parties or political campaigns.
No grants will be made specifically for sectarian religious purposes but can be made to religious organizations for general community programs.
No grants will be made exclusively for endowment creation or debt reduction of recipient organizations.
The Foundation will not consider grant applications proposed by individuals or organizations responsible to advisory bodies or persons unless letters of recommendation or approval from said advisory bodies or persons accompany the grant proposals.
Generally, grants will not be made for programs and/or equipment that were committed to prior to the grant application being submitted.
Applicants are strongly advised to seek the assistance of the Washington County Community Foundation staff for any questions or difficulties with the grant application process.
Due Date for Spring Grant Cycle is April 15, 2019 by 3:30 PM.
Grant Application Instructions:
Grant Application Tips:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply Online: https://www.wccfapplyonline.biz
Washington County Community Foundation
PO Box 50
1707 North Shelby Street, Suite 100
Salem, IN 47167
USA: Indiana: Washington County