Salisbury Wicomico Arts Council (SWAC)
11/30/18 Close of Business
Grants ranging from $500 to $1,250 to Wicomico County, Maryland nonprofit organizations for arts services, activities, performances, and exhibits. Grants are awarded in all arts disciplines and all fields. Funding is intended to promote a diverse range of artistic experiences for all ages, thereby increasing arts awareness and education for all.
GrantWatch ID#: 180469
Awards can range between $500 to $1,250 each.
6 month project grants (for the November 29 deadline)
The Salisbury Wicomico Arts Council only awards grants to legally incorporated 501(c)3 non-profit organizations.
Individuals may only apply for SWAC grants if they seek and receive the support of a non-profit organization that will accept the financial and legal responsibility for the project. The grant will be made to the organization which can then, in turn, support the individual's project.
- Capital construction, purchase of real property and/or equipment purchases.
- Direct support to individual artists (an individual's work may receive grant support if it is presented by a non-profit agency).
- Social functions, parties and receptions as the singular focus of a grant (such functions can be included as a minor part of a grant application).
- Activities that benefit only the members of an organization or those activities closed to all but an organization's membership.
- Tuition assistance.
- Out-of-state travel.
- City, County, or State affiliated projects that cannot demonstrate an ability to obtain partial funds from their own institution or government agency.
- Fund raising events or activities as the singular focus of a grant (such functions can be included as a part of a grant application, indeed are encouraged).
- Debt retirement or reduction.
- Arts activities which are therapeutic in nature, unless they have a public component.
- Arts activities which promote only one political or religious outlook, or which proselytize for specific political or religious beliefs and/or actions.
Project grants have to be matched on a 1:1 cash basis (SWAC can fund no more than one half of the total cost).
6 month project grant - November 29, 2018
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
104-A Poplar Hill Ave.
Salisbury, MD 21801
PO Box 884
Salisbury, MD 21803-0884
USA: Maryland: Wicomico County