Foundation / Corporation
The Erie Community Foundation
10/15/18 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $30,000 to Erie County, Pennsylvania nonprofit organizations for programs and projects that improve the quality of life in the region. A pre-application meeting with a member of the funding source is required before submitting an application.
The purpose of the Foundation’s Helping Today grant is to improve the quality of life in the region by ensuring a vital nonprofit sector through the support of projects and activities of local nonprofit partners.
Helping Today grants are awarded for:
- Program Expansion - Increasing or developing agency or program capacity;
- Current Program Enhancement - Improving organizational quality of current programming;
- Capital, Facilities or System's Needs - Assistance with financing equipment and/or machinery to improve agency or program performance, including structural improvements or repair;
- Communication/Marketing - Expanding outreach capacity, improving organizational or program "branding" initiatives;
- Technology - Improving hardware, software, network resources and/or services necessary to manage the organization or program - bids are required, along with a 50% cash match;
- Vehicle Purchase - Bids are required, along with a 50% cash match relative to the purchase of any vehicle;
- Great Ideas - Innovative projects that address unmet community needs.
Special consideration will be given to those requests that relate to the community needs being addressed by current Shaping Tomorrow projects.
GrantWatch ID#: 180633
Typically, Helping Today grants do not exceed $30,000.
Typically, Helping Today grants are limited to one year in duration.
The Erie Community Foundation awards grants to nonprofit organizations defined as tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Eligible nonprofits must be located within Erie County or demonstrate service to a majority of the population in Erie County.
In general, Helping Today grants are not made to:
- Scholarship Funds
- Fundraising Events
- Deficit Reduction
- Annual Operating Costs
- Government Funding Cuts
- Endowment Campaigns
- Municipal Capital Related Costs
- Sectarian Religious Activities
- Program Ads
- Reimbursements for Expenses Already Incurred
Click on the link in the Supporting Documents section below to download the guidelines.
Click here for more information about how to apply: http://www.eriecommunityfoundation.org/grant-seekers/apply-for-a-grant
Note: A pre-application meeting with a member of the Foundation's Community Impact Team is required before submitting any application in the Foundation's on-line system.
Helping Today grants will be awarded on a quarterly basis with the following application deadlines and notification dates in 2018:
The online grant application form must be completed by 5:00 p.m. on the quarterly deadline date.
All applications are reviewed by Foundation staff and a volunteer grants review panel and are ultimately approved by The Erie Community Foundation Board of Trustees.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to apply online:
For questions or guidance, please call 814-454-0843 or contact the Community Impact Team:
George Espy, Vice President of Community Impact
Patrick Herr, Director of Community Impact
Rachel Cacchione, Community Impact Associate
459 West 6th St.
Erie, PA 16507
USA: Pennsylvania: Erie County