Foundation / Corporation
Grants of up to $1,000 to Dane County, Wisconsin individuals and nonprofit organizations for projects, events, and programs that address the needs of children and youth. Funding is intended for activities that benefit children and youth, ages 0 to 17, in the following areas: health, confidence, finding inspiration, and learning.
Please note, funds granted will not be distributed directly to an individual. Funds will be paid to an organization on behalf of the individual.
Sample projects include:
- Sponsor a child at a summer science, art or music camp
- Purchase materials, supplies, and equipment to build a playground
- Fund a speaker for an event that will inspire kids
- Help sponsor a child to attend a special camp for kids with similar health matters
- Purchase a wheelchair, or device to help a child with mobility and accessibility
- Assist in acquiring technology equipment to help children learn
- Help fund transportation costs for a field trip
- Fund supplies for a special art or theater project
- Pay for your sports team’s equipment
GrantWatch ID#: 180682
Grants are not to exceed $1,000. Smaller gifts, up to $250 will be reviewed as submitted and based on funding available.
Grants are made to:
- Individuals* age 17 and under and need funding for a special project. Individuals must reside in Dane County.
*Funds will not be given directly to an individual, but rather will be disbursed to an organization or company on that individual’s behalf to meet the request.
- Groups: Local groups whose services benefit children (birth to age 17) in Dane County, Wisconsin only.
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion and ethnicity, etc.
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Political activities, causes, candidates, organizations, or campaigns
- Endowment funds, debt relief, ongoing operating costs, capital building campaigns, event sponsorship
- School tuition
Madison4kids grants will be given quarterly.
If you received a gift from Madison4kids, you must wait 12 months before applying again.
Grant Cycle Timeframes
Grant Cycle 1:
Submit applications Nov 1-30
Review applications December 1-31
Notification will be made by January 31
Grants presented during the month of February
Grant Cycle 2:
Submit applications February 1-28
Review applications March 1-March 31
Notification will be made by April 30
Grants presented during the month of May
Grant Cycle 3:
Submit applications May 1-31
Review applications June 1-30
Notification will be made by July 31
Grants presented during the month of August
Grant Cycle 4:
Submit applications August 1-31
Review applications September 1-31
Notification will be made by October 31
Grants presented during the month of November
Examples of previously awarded grants:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: Wisconsin: Dane County