Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation San Luis Obispo County (SLOCCF)
09/14/18 5:00 PM PST
Grants of up to $10,000 to California nonprofits and public agencies in San Luis Obispo County to provide one-time assistance to individuals to overcome a short-term barrier and achieve self-sufficiency.
Funding is intended to support organizations that use a case manager or family advocate to develop and track a client’s self-sufficiency plan. The fund supports organizations that have demonstrated the ability to administer and monitor a hardship assistance fund. Ultimately, Opportunity to Thrive endeavors to support one-time assistance that will make a significant difference in removing a barrier or hurdle to self-sufficiency.
GrantWatch ID#: 180760
The maximum available grant size is $10,000.
One-year grants will be provided.
The Community Foundation San Luis Obispo County supports charitable organizations whose programs primarily benefit San Luis Obispo County residents. An organization must have a current tax-exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service under Section 501(c)(3) and/or 509(a)1 or a current memorandum of understanding outlining fiscal sponsorship partnership to apply.
The Community Foundation San Luis Obispo County does not make grants to/for:
-Organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, disability, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race or religion
- Fraternal Organizations, unless in support of a specific program open to or benefiting the entire community
- Governmental Organizations
- Indirect Administrative costs greater than 15% of the awarded funds (indirect administrative funds are defined as office supplies and do not include staff time)
- Fundraising events such as annual campaigns, walk-a-thons, tournaments, fashion shows, auctions or dinners
- Organizations with religious affiliations unless the program is open to the entire community without regard to religious beliefs
- Organizations and programs designed to elect candidates to public office
- Organizations located outside San Luis Obispo County unless for a specific program benefiting residents of-and conducted within-San Luis Obispo County
- Pay off past debts or existing obligations
- Endowment funds
- Scholarships, fellowships, travel grants and technical or specialized research
The proposal deadline is September 14, 2018 at 5:00 pm PST. Notifications of the awards will be made in mid-December 2018.
More information on how to apply: http://www.cfsloco.org/how_to_apply.php
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://cfsloco.communityforce.com/Funds/Search.aspx
Len Smolburd, Grants Manager
The Community Foundation
550 Dana Street
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
USA: California: San Luis Obispo County