Foundation / Corporation
Blue River Community Foundation (BRCF)
09/01/17 5:00 PM Receipt
Grants to Indiana nonprofits for programs and projects that promote the development of arts and culture for the Shelby County community. Potential applicants must contact the Foundation's program director to discuss their proposal prior to formal submission.
Funding is intended to support arts and cultural projects, programs and organizations serving the Shelby County area to foster community engagement, professionalism and long-term growth in the Shelby County arts community.
Proposals addressing a broad range of initiatives and opportunities to serve the community are encouraged. The Foundation will, however, give preference to the following:
- New or innovative programs that serve a broad spectrum of community members
- Projects that strive to engage new or underserved populations in the arts
- Collaborative projects across various arts and cultural disciplines
- Projects that are impactful and transformational in nature
- Programs that show sustainability
- Grant funds will clearly help the group or organization pursue strategic plan objectives that advance their longterm institutional vitality and/or program quality
GrantWatch ID#: 180826
Grants will be made in accordance with the following policies:
- Only projects benefiting the residents of Shelby County will be considered.
- Organizations must have adequate accounting procedures in order to be considered for grants.
- Organizations without 501(c)3 designation must show documentation of charitable purpose. In the case of non-501(c)3 organizations, whenever possible, checks will be written to the vendors related to the completion of the project rather than to reimburse an individual. Proper documentation of expenses is always required.
- Generally, grants will not be made for programs and/or equipment which were committed to prior to the grant application being submitted.
The Blue River Foundation does not make grants for:
- Projects or programs not serving Shelby County residents.
- Individuals, except in the form of scholarships.
- Unless the Foundation is conducting a special program, grants are not made to create or augment organizational endowments or to annual campaign drives.
- Religious organizations, unless a non-sectarian need will be met and the project does not promote the teachings of a particular church or denomination.
- Projects which are considered part of a regular school curriculum.
- Travel for educational or other purposes.
- Political campaigns or to support attempts to influence legislation of any governmental body other than through making available the results of nonpartisan analysis, study, and research.
There are two competitive Arts/Culture grant cycles per year:
Cycle I: May 1st deadline
Cycle II: September 1st deadline
Grant requests must be received at the Foundation office no later than 5 p.m. on the deadline date. However, if the above dates fall on a weekend or holiday, the application is due on the last business day prior to that date.
- Please do not submit an application without first discussing it with the Foundation’s Program Administrator, Lynne Ensminger.
- Grant applications may be submitted at any time, but will only be reviewed during the next upcoming grant cycle. The applicant organization may be contacted for additional information if needed. When the completed application and all required attachments are received, staff will prepare the request for review by the Foundation’s Arts Committee.
- An organization can expect a decision regarding its application within 60 days after the grant application deadline. All grant applicants will be notified in writing or by personal phone call of the Foundation’s funding decision.
Grant Policies: http://blueriverfoundation.com/grant-policies/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Call or email the Foundation office to discuss your proposal before submittal:
Phone: (317) 392-7955
Lynne Ensminger, Program Director for BRCF
Blue River Community Foundation
54 W. Broadway Street, Suite 1
Shelbyville, IN 46176
Phone: (317) 392-7955
USA: Indiana: Shelby County