Foundation / Corporation
Blue River Community Foundation (BRCF)
08/01/19 5:00 PM
Grants to Shelby County, Indiana nonprofit organizations for programs that will enhance the quality of life of community residents. Funding is intended to support programs in the following areas: community, arts and culture, education and youth, health, and social services.
The Foundation has established five areas of interest for the grant-making program in order to address a wide variety of needs in Shelby County. These areas are:
- Community/Civic- support for community programs designed to improve life in Shelby County.
- Arts/Culture- support for programs and facilities that offer wide-spread opportunities for participation and appreciation.
- Education/Youth- support for programs at all levels of education.
- Health- support for the promotion of health and well-being for Shelby County residents.
- Social Services- support of human service organization programs.
Grant applications are encouraged for projects that include one or more of the following components:
- Anticipation of the changing needs of the community and flexibility in responding to those needs.
- Problem-solving ideas for established and documented needs. Emphasis will be on seed money and pilot projects.
- Encouragement of participation of other contributions by using matching challenges and other grant techniques.
- Careful coordination with other sources of funding such as government, other foundations and associations, and/or private contributions.
- Inducement to grant recipients to achieve capacity building objectives such as increased efficiency increased fundraising, delivery of better products etc...
- Demonstration of an appropriate ratio between dollar amount of request and number of people who will benefit.
- An appropriate funding match between the grantee and the Blue River Community Foundation versus more compatible sources of funding.
GrantWatch ID#: 180826
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To submit the online grant interest form:
For questions, please contact:
Jennifer Jones, Program Officer
Phone: (317) 392-7955
Blue River Community Foundation
54 W. Broadway Street, Suite 1
Shelbyville, IN 46176
USA: Indiana: Shelby County