Foundation / Corporation
Earl C. Sams Foundation
Grants to South Texas nonprofit organizations for programming, capital, and operating expenses that foster community growth and development for the funding region. Funding is intended to benefit organizations that foster the educational, religious, medical, environmental, and social needs of the area and its residents.
The Foundation has and will continue to make grants for administration/operating expenses, construction costs, fundraising costs, seed money/startup funds, program expenses, capital campaigns, equipment, endowments, and challenge/matching grants.
GrantWatch ID#: 180831
Grantees that have received a grant for three consecutive years will not be allowed to submit an application the following grant year.
- The Earl C. Sams Foundation makes grants primarily in the South Texas area.
- The Foundation considers grant applications only from public charities as defined under the Internal Revenue Code and applicable regulations.
- The Foundation does not grant money to individuals.
- The Foundation does provide funding for building or operating grant requests.
- The Foundation has and will continue to make grants for: administration/operating expenses, construction costs, fundraising costs, seed money/startup funds, program expenses, capital campaigns, equipment, endowments, and challenge/matching grants.
- While the Foundation does periodically fund scholarships at various institutions, the institution, not the Foundation, determines the recipients of those scholarship funds.
The Board of Directors meets three times a year, the first Monday of March, June, and November. The application deadline for each meeting is generally thirty days before each meeting. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered at the upcoming meeting but will be considered at the following meeting.
Scheduled Meetings and Deadlines:
Meeting: June 5, 2017
Application Deadline: May 5, 2017
Meeting: November 6, 2017
Application Deadline: October 6, 2017
Meeting: March 5, 2018
Application Deadline: February 2, 2018
Meeting: June 4, 2018
Application Deadline: May 4, 2018
Meeting: November 5, 2018
Application Deadline: October 5, 2018
- Applications should be scanned and emailed in PDF format.
- Electronic submission is preferred.
- If absolutely necessary, applicants may mail or drop off a hard copy (one only) of the application to the Foundation’s offices. No binders or folders.
- If further information or a site visit is required, the applicant will be contacted.
- Individual board members are willing to meet with prospective applicants prior to board meetings, at which time a presentation can be made. To arrange for such a meeting, please contact the Grants Manager.
- Applicants will be notified in writing of the status of the request after the board of directors meeting.
Grant FAQ: http://www.ecsams.org/faq.cfm
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email completed application packet in PDF format to the Grants Manager at:
Address mailed proposals to:
Bruce S. Hawn, President
Earl C. Sams Foundation, Inc.
101 N. Shoreline Blvd., Suite 602
Corpus Christi, TX 78401
For general inquires:
Phone: (361) 888-6485
Fax: (361) 884-4241
USA: Texas: South Texas