Foundation / Corporation
Northeast Delta Dental Foundation
08/03/18 - Requests of up to $1,000 are accepted on an ongoing basis
Grants to Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont nonprofit organizations, government agencies, and academic institutions for programs and projects that aim to increase access to, and the quality of, oral health care. The funding source most often awards grants to oral health programs that are established. If not established, they should be well planned and have other funders committed before you apply.
Only applications requesting funds related to oral health will be considered. Awards may take the form of financial, technical, or human resources, or some combination of the three. Award objectives will concentrate on supporting the following types of oral health initiatives:
- Educational programs enhancing the awareness of good oral health, with a particular focus on children, the elderly, the indigent, or other populations with identified oral health needs.
- Oral health care programs that are preventive in nature and are aimed at decreasing the incidence, prevalence, and severity of dental disease.
- Dental clinics or centers established as a 501(c)(3) or Federally Qualified Health Center working to make oral health care more accessible and affordable to people in Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont. Most typically, this takes the form of helping with the costs of equipment and dental supplies.
- The education of dental health professionals through scholarships and the continuing education of dental health professionals through financial support, particularly to enhance the availability and retention of such dental health professionals in the states of Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont.
- Research efforts that will improve oral health by enhancing the art and science of dentistry, address an oral health disease or issue impacting one or more of our states, or that will lay a sound groundwork for oral health initiatives.
- Improve dental health workforce through scholarship and loan repayment programs.
GrantWatch ID#: 180843
Grants of $1,000 or less, over $1,000, and more than $5,000 are awarded.
The Foundation prefers to make contributions based on a one-year commitment, and typically, an organization receives no more than one grant a year. Applications for additional years must be submitted annually, accompanied with an annual outcomes report.
However, in certain circumstances the Foundation may commit to make contributions for a period of years.
Northeast Delta Dental Foundation contributions, grants, and scholarship funding are awarded to organizations that:
- Have nonprofit 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) status or are governmental or academic institutions.
- Do not discriminate by race, sex, religion, color, creed, age, national origin, or any other protected class.
- Are involved in projects or activities that address one or more of the stated objectives of Northeast Delta Dental Foundation’s funding guidelines.
The Foundation will not support initiatives unrelated to oral health.
- First-time applicants may contact Northeast Delta Dental with questions before submitting an application, but please only do so after a thorough review of the guidelines provided to all applicants.
- Please do not contact Northeast Delta Dental about working with you to establish an oral health program on the basis of which you will apply for funds. Regrettably, while the Foundation would be happy to help you, they do not have the staffing resources to work with you to set up your oral health program.
- Often additional information to support an application is requested after initial review, especially for first-time applicants; and a site visit may be requested.
Timing of Grant Awards:
All applications are reviewed by the Foundation Advisory Committee. Applications of $1,000 or less will be considered throughout the year and may be approved by that committee.
Applications of over $1,000 will be referred to the Foundation Board of Directors by the Foundation Advisory Committee with their recommendations. Currently, the Foundation Board of Directors meets twice annually. The deadline for applying is approximately six weeks before a Board meeting, but applicants are encouraged to submit their applications even further in advance in consideration of the high volume of administrative work that reviewing applications requires.
The upcoming deadline for applications of over $1,000 is August 3, 2018.
Note: Grants of more than $5,000 are less typical than those most often awarded by the Northeast Delta Dental Foundation. Especially as the amount of the grant for which the applicant is applying increases, the expectation is that the information required during the application process will be well documented and detailed, with particular attention to how the Foundation will be recognized for its financial support.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to apply online:
Northeast Delta Dental
One Delta Drive
P.O. Box 2002
Concord, NH 03302-2002
Phone: 603-223-1000 or 1-800-537-1715
USA: Maine; New Hampshire; Vermont