Foundation / Corporation
Northeast Delta Dental Foundation
08/09/19 - for Applications of over $1,000; Requests of up to $1,000 are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Grants and in-kind grants to Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont nonprofit organizations, government agencies, and academic institutions for programs and projects that aim to increase access to, and the quality of, oral health care. The funding source most often awards grants to oral health programs that are established. If not established, they should be well planned and have other funders committed before applying.
Awards may take the form of financial, technical, or human resources, or some combination of the three. Award objectives will concentrate on supporting the following types of oral health initiatives:
- Educational programs enhancing the awareness of good oral health, with a particular focus on children, the elderly, the indigent, or other populations with identified oral health needs
- Oral health care programs that are preventive in nature and are aimed at decreasing the incidence, prevalence, and severity of dental disease
- Dental clinics or centers established as a 501(c)(3) or Federally Qualified Health Center working to make oral health care more accessible and affordable to people in Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont. Most typically, this takes the form of helping with the costs of equipment and dental supplies.
- The education of dental health professionals through scholarships and the continuing education of dental health professionals through financial support, particularly to enhance the availability and retention of such dental health professionals in the states of Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont
- Research efforts that will improve oral health by enhancing the art and science of dentistry, address an oral health disease or issue impacting one or more of our states, or that will lay a sound groundwork for oral health initiatives
- Improvement of the dental health workforce through scholarship and loan repayment programs
Contributions generally shall be awarded in the form of grants for:
1. Charitable programs to extend the benefits of dentistry to indigents and groups found to be dentally deprived
2. Educational programs for the advancement of dentistry and oral health
3. Programs designed to promote the oral health of the public
4. Dental research projects promising to lead to improving the quality of dental care delivered
GrantWatch ID#: 180843
Applications of $1,000 or less or applications of over $1,000 are accepted. Grants of more than $5,000 are less typical than those most often awarded by the Northeast Delta Dental Foundation.
The Foundation prefers to make contributions based on a one-year commitment. However, in certain circumstances the Foundation may commit to make contributions for a period of years.
Typically, grants are awarded for one year. Applications for additional years must be submitted annually.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Application portal: https://www.grantrequest.com/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fapplication.aspx%3fSA%3dSNA%26FID%3d35003%26sid%3d1677&SA=SNA&FID=35003&sid=1677
Northeast Delta Dental
One Delta Drive
P.O. Box 2002
Concord, NH 03302-2002
Phone: 603-223-1000 or 1-800-537-1715
USA: Maine; New Hampshire; Vermont