Foundation / Corporation
Wayne County Community Foundation (WCCF) - The Women’s Fund (TWF)
09/01/18 4:30 PM
Grants to Wayne County, Ohio nonprofits for programs that benefit women and girls within the local community. Funding is intended for programs that address the following areas of focus: women's education, women's economic empowerment, and women's health and wellness. Preference will be given to programs that demonstrate real progress in these areas, and that significantly impact the quality of life for women and girls in the local community.
The Foundation is accepting grant proposals from nonprofit organizations for programs that address the following three focus areas:
1) Women’s Education – The Fund seeks proposals that educate women about effective parenting; and about preparation for careers, and lifestyle choices. Collaborative proposals that provide opportunities for groups of women are particularly encouraged.
2) Women’s Economic Empowerment – The Fund seeks proposals that focus on enabling women to financially support themselves and their children. Consideration will be given to financial literacy programs; programs that create better jobs and better access to jobs for women; programs that prepare women for better jobs; and programs that enable women with children to work more productively.
3) Women’s Health and Wellness – The Fund seeks proposals that support women’s physical and mental health, and their right to live in a world free of violence. Consideration will be given to programs that raise awareness about healthy lifestyles; and programs that help women and girls address depression and other mental health issues.
The Women’s Fund invites proposals for:
- Project grants: For existing project costs or those in addition to an organization’s regular programming.
- Start-up grants: For new and emerging organizations that may or may not have a track record but show significant promise for success and sustainability. These funds are specifically targeted to new organizations that need initial financing in order to leverage funding from other sources.
- Capacity-building grants: For organizations to increase their range of services or to efficiently serve more women on an ongoing basis.
GrantWatch ID#: 180857
Grants are for a period of up to one year, with the expectation that the full amount of the grant will be used within that time.
The Foundation can only make grants to qualified 501(c)(3) nonprofit public organizations.
The grants must benefit women and girls living in Wayne County, Ohio.
The Women's Fund strongly encourages collaborations between and among organizations working to achieve a common goal. In such collaborations, one organization must be identified as the grantee applicant.
The Women’s Fund will NOT fund:
- Scholarships to a university, college or technical program
- Capital campaigns
- Religious activities
- Political activities
- Retroactive funding requests
- Fundraising events
- Organizations that may be deemed as discriminatory on the basis of race, age, gender, ability level or sexual orientation
- Requests to reduce an operating deficit or to liquidate existing debt
- Agencies of the state or federal government, unless they are part of a community collaborative that includes eligible organizations
- Organizations outside Wayne County, Ohio
The grant application deadline is September 1, 2018,by 4:30 PM, for a decision by November 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Sara Patton, WCCF Executive Director
Wayne County Community Foundation
517 North Market Street
Wooster, OH 44691
USA: Ohio: Wayne County