Foundation / Corporation
04/26/19 5:00 PM
Grants ranging from $250 to $2,000 and grants ranging from $250 to $5,000 to Maryland and Washington, DC nonprofits for projects to enhance the cultural, social, environmental, and economic aspects of the greater Takoma Park area. Proposals are also invited for general operating support that help stabilize organizations by providing support for fundraising, salaries, and utility bills.
Project grants support a specific project or activity of the grantee organization.
General operating support grants support a nonprofit organization’s mission rather than being restricted to specific projects or programs. They can be used to support utility bills, fundraising, board and leadership development, salaries, meeting expenses, materials, or a specific project. The discretion is left to the grantee.
The Foundation looks for proposals that:
- Encourage and involve resident participation in community life
- Build connections between people
- Empower small groups in dealing with immediate community concerns
- Provide opportunities to community residents that would not be possible otherwise, including the needs of low and moderate-income residents and youth
GrantWatch ID#: 181057
Project Grants: $250 – $2,000
General Operating Grants: $250 – $5,000
Project Grant and Operational Grant eligibility:
The organization has current 501(c)3 status or has found an organization with 501(c)3 status that has agreed to act as a fiscal sponsor. MCPS is eligible to receive grants.
Operational Grant eligibility:
- The work of the organization is well-aligned with the mission of the Takoma Foundation and addresses one or more of the Foundation’s priority areas.
- Preference will be given to organizations with an annual budget of $100,000 or less.
- Preference will be given to organizations serving the following populations: Underrepresented, underserved, and community youth success.
- The organization principally serves the greater Takoma Park community. This includes the following neighborhoods of City of Takoma Park, East Silver Spring, Takoma Langley, Long Branch, and Takoma DC.
- Organizations in any stage of their lifecycle may benefit from general operating support. More information can be seen at the Full-Text link below.
Grants are not made to individuals or for-profit businesses.
Applications are due by April 26, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
An organization may only receive one grant of any type in a 12-month period. For example, if a grant was received in Spring 2018, applicants are eligible to apply again in Fall 2019.
For Operational Grants:
- If the organization has received prior Foundation support, the organization is required to send a report to the Grants committee for any Project Grant that was received.
- During the proposal review process, you may be asked for a meeting to learn more about your organizational capacity and plans as well as how you think this grant will help you take your work to the next level.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Project Grant application form: https://www.takomafoundation.org/grants/grant-app-project
Operation Support application form: https://www.takomafoundation.org/grants/grant-app-operational
PDF versions of these application forms can be seen below.
P.O. Box 5704
Takoma Park, MD 20913-5704
Contact form: https://www.takomafoundation.org/contact
USA: Maryland: City of Takoma Park, East Silver Spring, Takoma Langley, Long Branch; Washington, DC: Takoma, DC