Foundation / Corporation
Delaware Community Foundation (DCF) - Potter Charity Trust
Grants to Kent County, Delaware nonprofits and agencies for collaborative programs in the areas of hunger, homelessness, health care, and crisis funding for basic needs. Proposals that address emergency assistance for basic needs don't need to be collaborative.
Collaboration can be defined as:
- A process by which organizations or agencies conduct formal joint activities with exchange of information and resources to accomplish a shared purpose
- An initiative which offers the possibility for maximizing potential success that otherwise would be unattainable by any single entity
- An arrangement which provides shared decision-making, addresses common interest issues, and reduces duplication of costs or effort
GrantWatch ID#: 181169
Single and multi-year grants will be considered.
Applicants must be qualified 501(c)(3) organizations providing services without discrimination based on race, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, or sexual orientation.
Project to be funded must be:
- A program in collaboration with at least one other 501(c)(3) organization or government agency
- A program to provide emergency financial assistance for basic needs.
Any grant received must be used exclusively to fund projects that benefit the underprivileged in Kent County.
- Debt reduction
- Religious organizations for sectarian purposes
- Annual fundraising campaigns
- General operating expenses (non-program overhead)
- Sports clubs or leagues
- Special events
- Educational institutions
- Projects completed before the date of grant approval by the Grants Committee
The application and required attachments must be submitted electronically to the Delaware Community Foundation's Dropbox account at http://tinyurl.com/PotterTrust2017
All applicants will be notified of the final decision in writing by Fall 2017.
USA: Delaware: Kent County