Foundation / Corporation
03/01/19 5:00 PM CST
Grants of up to $3,000 to Kansas and Missouri nonprofits and neighborhood associations for neighborhood revitalization initiatives in the Greater Kansas City Area. Funding is intended to support community projects that aim to build stronger and more effective neighborhood organizations in low to moderate income areas throughout the Greater Kansas City region.
Initiatives funded through the NRF should demonstrate the following:
- A direct service or benefit to the community identified in the proposal.
- Inclusiveness to all members of a neighborhood.
- An inclusive process was used to identify community need for the project.
- The ability to support long-range plans for neighborhood improvement.
- The ability to be completed by December 15, 2018. Proposed projects may be a component of a larger project, but the proposed project must be a distinct and separate piece that can be completed by December 15, 2019.
- Financial feasibility
- The ability to leverage funding through strong partnerships, additional donations or grants, and in-kind community resources (volunteers, supplies, etc.).
GrantWatch ID#: 181290
Projects must be completed by December 15, 2019.
The organization who will be the primary applicant for your NRF project proposal must be either:
1. A neighborhood association, serving a neighborhood located in either a Kansas City, Missouri or Kansas City, Kansas low-to moderate-income census tract (see map on page 4 of the attached guidelines); or
2. A 501c3 organization incorporated in either Kansas or Missouri, that serves a neighborhood
located in either a Kansas City, Missouri or Kansas City, Kansas low-to moderate-income census
tract (see map on page 4 of the attached guidelines).
Please Note: 501c3 organizations who are not neighborhood organizations must exhibit a strong, working relationship with the neighborhood association serving the proposed project location
The following types of projects will not be funded:
- Public infrastructure improvements including sidewalk and curb improvements.
- Start-up funds for the operation of neighborhood centers (this is diﬀerent than startup funds for the development of a neighborhood center).
- Continued operating expenses including rent and utilities.
- Projects that include salaries or stipends that total more than 10% of the awarded funds.
- Projects that utilize NRF funds to pay salaries for functions that have traditionally been performed by neighborhood volunteers.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to attend one of the NRF Grant Information Sessions.
2019 NRF grant review session: Bring in a draft of your NRF grant application for feedback from grant administrators. Please sign up for one 15 minute slot on February 20, 2:30-6:00 pm, for your grant review.
Sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080949a8aa2caaff2-2019
Visit: www.ccfkansascity.org for dates, times, and locations.
2019 NRF Applications must be submitted on or before Friday, March 1, 2019 at 5:00 PM CST.
- Jan 1, 2019 - Mar 1, 2019: NRF application period
- April 30, 2019 - Dec 15, 2019: Funded NRF projects must be started and completed.
- Apr 30, 2019: Applicant notification
- Early May, 2019: Awards Breakfast and grant monies are disbursed after the grantee has completed the grant agreement requirements
- Dec 15, 2019: Projects completed
- Dec 31, 2019: NRF Final Reports due
2019 NRF Applications may be submitted in three ways:
1. Complete and submit the online application form available at www.ccfkansascity.org (preferred method)
2. Complete and email the fillable PDF.
3. If online submission is inaccessible or burdensome, please print and mail your grant application.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply Online: https://www.tfaforms.com/4716808
Applications may be emailed to email@example.com.
If online submission is inaccessible or burdensome, please mail your grant application to:
Community Capital Fund
ATTN: Neighborhoods Rising Fund
3200 Wayne Kansas City, MO 64109
Grant Administrator Contact Information:
Organizations/projects located in Missouri:
Community Capital Fund
Organizations/projects located in Kansas:
Greater Kansas City LISC
Greater Kansas City Region
USA: Kansas; Missouri