Foundation / Corporation
Junior League of Lafayette (JLL)
05/31/19 12:00 PM CT Receipt
Grants of up to $1,500 and in-kind volunteer support to Lafayette Parish, Louisiana local nonprofit organizations for short-term projects to benefit the local community. Priority will be given to applications that further the funding source’s mission to promote voluntarism, develop women’s potential, and enhance the local community through effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.
GrantWatch ID#: 181372
The Collaborative Opportunity Grant monies will be awarded in amounts up to $1,500. In addition to monetary funding, between five and ten trained Junior League of Lafayette volunteers will be provided to assist in the planning, execution, and completion of the selected project.
Grants are awarded for a one-year period of time. If selected, the project must be completed between October 1, 2019, and April 30, 2020.
Any organization applying for funding through a Junior League of Lafayette grant must meet all of the following stipulations:
1. Organizations must have a 501(c)(3) status with the Internal Revenue Service and/or a qualified nonprofit group.
2. Agency must have a local Board of Directors.
3. Funds must be utilized in Lafayette Parish.
4. All attachments required in the grant application process must be in the name of the agency submitting the application.
5. Completed application must be received by Junior League of Lafayette by said deadline.
In the event the budget is not exhausted; the funds are not available to be contributed as a donation. The Collaborative Opportunity Grants Committee cannot participate in, contribute to, or assist with the fundraising of other agencies and organizations.
Request for funding the following will not be considered:
- Fundraising events
- Research efforts
- Deficit financing
- Conference or seminar fees
- Travel expenses
- Media events
- Sectarian religious projects
- General operating expenses including salaries
- Office furniture
- Production and development of television or radio programs
- All applications must be received by or before 12:00 PM Central on May 31, 2019.
- These monies will be allocated by or before mid-September of 2019.
One printed copy must arrive via postal carrier or be hand-delivered to Junior League of Lafayette Headquarters. One electronic copy must also be submitted.
Please note the following important stipulations regarding Collaborative Opportunity Grants: A Junior League committee member will be assigned to chair the project. The Junior League Committee Chair will purchase the supplies for your project. You may shop with the Junior League member; however, Junior League of Lafayette is not allowed to reimburse you nor your organization for supplies.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Please submit applications and direct all questions to Jennifer Kirkley, 2019-2020 Collaborative Opportunity Grants Chair, by email at email@example.com.
Junior League of Lafayette
Attn: Collaborative Opportunity Grants Chair
504 Richland Ave.
Lafayette, LA 70508
USA: Louisiana: Lafayette Parish