Howard County Arts Council (HCAC)
06/06/19 11:59 PM
Grants to Howard County, Maryland parent-teacher associations to place professional artists, writers, and performers-in-residence at local public and private K-12 schools. Funding is intended to increase accessibility to arts programming and to provide hands-on arts opportunities that foster student creativity.
Purpose of the Artists-in-Education Grant Program:
- To complement school curriculum by providing opportunities for hands-on experiences in the arts that might not otherwise take place.
- To foster excellence, diversity, and vitality in arts offerings for Howard County students and residents.
- To broaden opportunities for Howard County students, artists and arts organizations.
- To increase the availability of arts activities in Howard County.
- Each AIE applicant should work closely with the visiting artist and appropriate teacher when developing the project and proposal. Contact both well in advance.
- Priority is given to residencies of 3 or more days. (For residency-related Definitions and guidelines, see the Guidelines listed in Pre-Application Information below.)
- Priority is given to projects that include more than an assembly/auditorium-style performance or presentation.
- Materials/Technical assistance should be listed and are an allowable expense in the grant application.
GrantWatch ID#: 181428
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To access the online portal: https://hcac.gosmart.org/login.php
For all questions and technical assistance, contact the Howard County Arts Council by phone or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Howard County Center for the Arts
8510 High Ridge Road
Ellicott City, Maryland 21043
USA: Maryland: Howard County