Foundation / Corporation
Blackford County Community Foundation (BCCF)
Grants to Blackford County, Indiana nonprofit organizations, government entities, and schools to improve the quality of life for local families. Applicants must contact program staff to determine eligibility before applying. Funding will be provided for proposals that primarily focus on the following areas:
- Arts and cultural development
- Community parks
- Community beautifications, improvement and enhancement projects
- Neighborhood associations
Community Services Planning and Coordination
- Health services coordination
- Human services coordination
- Community education on relevant issues
- Post-secondary, secondary, elementary, preschool and special education
- Community health services
- Mental health services
- Elderly services
- Children and youth services
- Family services
- Youth advancement
Merit and priority of applications
- Seriousness of the problem and adequacy of the proposed action to meet the problem
- Degree of potential benefit to the entire community
- Capability of the organization and its personnel to achieve expected results
- Appropriateness of timing
- Evidence of cooperation and coordination with other organizations at the time of the request
- Possibility of future support by other organizations
- Improbability of financial support by some other organization at the time of the request
Substantive quality of the request
- Is there a clear statement of goals?
- Are proposed techniques suitable or adequate?
- Is the project proposed of sufficient scope for results anticipated?
- Is the project too broad?
- Are highly competent personnel available locally?
- Is the budget adequate?
- Does the grant proposal fit the overall charitable purposes of the Blackford County Community Foundation, Inc.; particularly, human need and community development, and specifically, those fields of interest previously described?
GrantWatch ID#: 181540
- Applicants must be a nonprofit, education, or government group to receive a grant award.
- An individual may receive a grant award only under special circumstances.
- Political activities, general operating budgets, religious purpose programs for the benefit of the members of a specific religious group, capital building project campaigns, and the building of endowments are not generally funded.
- All grant awards are made according to IRS guidelines.
- Grants are not awarded to profit-making enterprises.
- Grants are not awarded to support political activities.
- Grants are not awarded to support operating budgets of organizations, except for limited experimental or demonstration periods. Exceptions to this policy may be made when there are compelling reasons for doing so.
- Grants are not awarded for sectarian or religious purposes or to sectarian or religious organizations operated primarily for the benefit of their own members.
- Capital grants to building campaigns will only be made when there is evidence that such support is vital to the success of a program meeting priority needs of the community. Payments of such grants are made only after a significant percentage of the total campaign requirements have been raised.
- Grants are not awarded for endowment purposes nor for transportation.
2018 Grant requests are accepted bi-annually for grant application periods ending February 15 and July 19.
Please contact Executive Director, Dave Bowman to determine if your proposal fits the guidelines.
Click on the link in the Supporting Documents section below to access the application.
Applicants are notified of grant awards within two months of submission.
Click here for further grant application information:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Dave Bowman, Executive Director
Submit your application to:
Blackford County Community Foundation, Inc.
121 N. High St., P. O. Box 327
Hartford City, IN 47348-0327
USA: Indiana: Blackford County