Foundation / Corporation
Lancaster County Community Foundation
07/18/17 11:59 PM
Grants of up to $5,000 to Lancaster County, Pennsylvania nonprofit employees for personal development activities that will enhance their leadership skills. Info Sessions will take place on March 18, March 30, and April 6. Interested applicants are encouraged to set up a time to meet or speak with Foundation Staff to discuss their potential applications. Applicants may also submit a draft application for review by July 3.
The Baldwin Leadership Program supports the personal leadership development of individuals to benefit the residents of Lancaster County. Seven Community Benefit leaders will be selected to enhance their personal leadership skills through a self-designed program, facilitated cohort meetings, and an overnight retreat.
The Community Foundation has expanded the Baldwin Leadership Program to ensure access and participation of individuals who represent the diversity of the Lancaster community, especially people of color.
The Foundation's goal is to build a cadre of strong community leaders who reflect Lancaster County today and tomorrow. For participation in the Baldwin Leadership Program, the Foundation is looking for emerging and established leaders who:
a. Engage in the community around current issues
b. Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
c. Bring openness, vulnerability, and a strong desire to learn
d. Offer a willingness and ability to listen
The 18-month program consists of each Baldwin Leader’s development plan, an overnight retreat and monthly cohort meetings during the year.
Selection criteria include the degree to which:
- The self-designed program builds upon the applicant’s personal leadership growth
- The applicant brings a creative approach to the program
- The applicant’s creative thinking skills are fostered
- The self-designed program adds value to the Lancaster County community
- The applicant contributes to a diverse and inclusive Baldwin Leadership Program cohort
GrantWatch ID#: 181598
The Foundation anticipates making seven leadership awards in 2017.
Individual awards are up to $5,000.
Funding Period: September 20, 2017 to March 21, 2019
Applicants must work for community benefit organizations that benefit residents of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
Proposed activities cannot include work sabbaticals or vacation trips with family. Organizations are not eligible to receive grants from the same field of interest fund (in this case the Baldwin Leadership Program) for more than three consecutive years.
The Community Foundation will accept only one application per project concept. Applications must be unique on an annual basis.
All applicants must be employed with a 501(c)(3) organization that is registered (or exempt from) and in good standing with the Bureau of Charitable Organizations.
Please Note: Funds may not be used for any purpose other than pursuit of the Baldwin Leader’s individually focused program.
Saturday, March 18, 10:00am, Bright Side Opportunities Center, 515 Hershey Avenue.
Thursday, March 30, 5:30pm at San Juan Bautista Catholic Church, 425 S. Duke Street.
Thursday, April 6, 3:00pm at the Community Foundation, 24 W. King Street.
Click on the link in the Supporting Documents section below to download the Guidelines/Info sheet.
- Conversation of intent: Interested individuals are encouraged to set up a time to meet or speak with Fran Rodriguez (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss potential applications.
- Staff feedback: Application drafts must be submitted through the grant portal. Community Foundation staff will review and comment on drafts submitted by July 3, 2017. Drafts that are saved, but not submitted, will not be considered for feedback. On or before July 11, the Foundation will issue comments and revert your application back to “draft” status. You may revise and re-submit by the final application deadline: July 18, 2017.
- Application submission due date is July 18, by 11:59pm.
- Staff review: Community Foundation staff initially review applications to determine eligibility and receipt of required documents.
- Application review: Applications are reviewed by the Baldwin Leadership Program volunteer review committee.
- Board recommendation: Due diligence is performed on finalists and grants are recommended to the Community Foundation Board of Directors for approval.
- Awards: All finalists will be notified if they are accepted into the program by September 21, either by phone or email.
Click here to read more about the program: https://www.lancfound.org/baldwin-fellowship/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register here for Information Session Meetings:
March 18, 10:00 am: http://bit.ly/2iTTZm8
March30, 5:30 pm: http://bit.ly/2jgXPXn
March 6, 3:00 pm: http://bit.ly/2iTVkZQ
Lancaster County Community Foundation
24 W King Street, Suite 201
Lancaster, PA 17603
Contact Form: https://www.lancfound.org/contact-us/
USA: Pennsylvania: Lancaster County