Foundation / Corporation
03/29/19 11:59 PM PST
Grants of $2,500 and in-kind consulting services to Sonoma County, California individual musicians or bands for career-advancing activities. Funding is intended to further the careers of local musicians through a combination of grant funding and one-on-one consultations with experts who are aligned with the applicant’s activity request.
Next Level Program Goals:
- To recognize artistic excellence
- To build the capacity of Sonoma County musicians who have demonstrated readiness to take their career to a new level
- To cultivate public awareness and appreciation of the role of creativity in our community.
The following criteria will be used to evaluate each application:
-Capacity to administer and implement the project
-Anticipated impact of proposed activity on the applicant’s professional capacity and growth
-Demonstrated commitment of applicant to advancing his/her career
-Completeness and clarity of application.
Grantees must attend up to two meetings with all grantees for specific professional development training and to share updates, challenges, progress reports.
GrantWatch ID#: 181726
The program will recognize five bands or musicians.
$2,500, plus up to 10 hours of professional consulting
Funding period: July - December 2019
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be residents of Sonoma County (if Applicant is a band, 51% of the band including the band leader must be Sonoma County residents)
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have a demonstrated track record in music as evidenced in the application materials
- Be able to complete the funded project within the established funding period
The following are not eligible to apply:
- Non-commercial music groups, such as community-based choral groups, college or schoolbased music groups, or non-profit music endeavors
- Staff of the Economic Development Board, its Board of Directors, or the Creative Sonoma Advisory Board
- Creative Sonoma grantees or contest winners of the following programs:
- 2016 and 2017 Next Level Grant for Musicians
- 2017 and 2019 Next Level Songwriting Contest
- 2018 Summer Arts Youth Program Grant
- 2018 Pop Up Creativity Grant
- 2019 Arts Education Innovation Grant
- 2019 Discovered Emerging Visual or Literary Arts Awards
Applicants may not submit more than one application, and/or may not be listed as lead artist for more than one application (e.g., if a band leader applies for their band, they may not apply as an individual musician as well).
Grant funding may not be utilized for fundraising events or crowdfunding campaigns; or for completed projects or expenses incurred before the grant is awarded.
Two information sessions will be held for applicants:
February 27, 2019, 12:00 -1:00 pm
To RSVP: http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=fwluzdmab&oeidk=a07eg2hxmme52a473a4
February 27, 5:30 - 6:30 pm
To RSVP: http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=fwluzdmab&oeidk=a07eg2hxn32cbbbe331
On March 13, 2019, an Application Workshop will be held: 5:30 - 7:00 pm
To register: http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=fwluzdmab&oeidk=a07eg2i1rlt079286af
Address for Information Sessions and Workshop:
141 Stony Circle, Suite 110
Santa Rosa, CA
- February 11, 2019 Online application opens 12:00 am
- February 27, 2019 Information Sessions
- March 13, 2019 Application Workshop
- March 29, 2019: Application Deadline 11:59 pm PT
No handwritten or paper-based applications will be accepted. Applicants should have an account in Submittable, the online application portal.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Questions may be addressed to:
141 Stony Circle, #110
Santa Rosa, CA, 95401
USA: California: Sonoma County