Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation for the Greater Capital Region - B'nai B'rith Gideon Foundation
Grants ranging from $5,000 to $25,000 to New York nonprofit organizations to provide support to low-income elderly individuals, low-income families, and people with disabilities in the Capital Region. Programs can include rental housing as well as recreational and social facilities.
For the purposes of these grants, the Capital Region includes Albany, Columbia, Fulton, Greene, Montgomery, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, and Washington Counties.
GrantWatch ID#: 181850
Grants are typically awarded for sums between $5,000 and $25,000.
Grants are typically awarded for a one-year project.
Potential applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants for funding should represent rental organizations serving low-income elderly populations, persons with disabilities, and low-income families.
Additionally, organizations serving low-income elderly populations, persons with disabilities, and low-income families who are living in rental organizations, are also eligible to apply.
- The applicant organization must fit with the mission of B’nai B’rith Gideon Foundation.
- The applicant organization must be designated as a nonprofit organization by Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3).
- Grants are made to organizations, not to individuals.
- The applicant organization must be governed by an active board of directors.
- A formal audit of the organization’s financial information must be conducted annually or an IRS Form 990 must be submitted.
There will be two rounds of grantmaking for 2017. Pre-application questionnaires for 2017 are due April 5 and September 7, 2017. If an organization is invited to submit a formal application, the due dates will be in June and November (exact dates will be provided by email).
Pre-application questionnaires will be reviewed by the Advisory Committee. Please note that the pre-application questionnaire is the only information the Advisors will have to determine if an organization will receive a formal application, so be thorough. All pre-applicants will receive notification of the Advisory Committee’s decision by email.
Organizations that are invited to submit a formal proposal will receive an email with the formal application attached, along with relevant due dates.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email applications to:
Shelly Connolly, Program Assistant
The Community Foundation for the Greater Capital Region
6 Tower Place
Albany, NY 12203
Questions may be addressed to the contact above, or to:
Jackie Mahoney, Vice President of Programs
USA: New York: Albany, Columbia, Fulton, Greene, Montgomery, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, and Washington Counties