Foundation / Corporation
American Composers Forum (ACF)
08/01/19 11:59 PM (Central)
Awards of $3,000 to Minnesota composers to recognize past achievements and to support artistic projects that will further their careers. Recipients are emerging artists in the early stage of their career who compose in a variety of music genres, including jazz, electronic, experimental, improvised, traditional, and world music.
The American Composers Forum is seeking to expand its reach by identifying and supporting artists working in a variety of non-commercial genres who typically operate outside known circles. The Minnesota Emerging Composer Awards (MECA) were created with the following goals in mind:
- To engage Minnesota-based makers of original music who otherwise might not apply to ACF programs.
- To provide these artists with funds to support a project that promises to have a significant boost to their career.
- To send a message to a broader section of local music creators that ACF is interested in their work, and to see how ACF might support their needs as artists.
- To encourage risk-taking and support the creation of quality new music.
- Quality of musical materials, showing singular artistic voice and vision.
- Nominated artist that take risks in their music making process.
- Significance of the award to the artist’s career.
- Potential for artistic growth.
- A record of seeking opportunities to advance their artistic career, which could lead the candidate to apply/participate in other ACF programs.
- The final pool will reflect a range of artists and projects, diverse in genre, gender, race, ethnicity, and geography.
GrantWatch ID#: 181861
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To nominate an artist online: https://forms.gle/oy54CY5aD66JA37m6
American Composers Forum
75 West 5th Street, Suite 522
Saint Paul, MN 55102-1439