Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of Louisville and Creative Capital
08/05/19 5:00 PM EST
Opportunity for Kentucky and Indiana artists in the greater Louisville area to participate in a professional development seminar. Funding is intended to support attendance by artists in the dance, music, media, visual arts, and theater and literary disciplines who are at a pivotal point in their careers. The 6-month learning and engagement program will help artists cultivate an expanded peer network, build their professional practice, and dedicate time for reflection and career planning.
Applications are accepted from qualified visual, literary, and performing artists who engage in the following art forms (multidisciplinary artists should apply in one of the above disciplines which most closely relates to their practice):
- Media including film, video and digital production (documentary, narrative, animation, or experimental) and new media (artistic work that is computational and distributed digitally, in the form of websites, mobile apps, virtual worlds, computer games, human-computer interface or interactive computer installations).
- Music (vocal and instrumental)
- Theater & Literary includes fiction, creative non-fiction, poetry, and spoken word.
- Visual Arts (Installation artists and photographers should apply in this discipline.)
Creative Capital facilitators will engage with Hadley Creatives participants through a two-day retreat, two intersessions, phone consultations, and a one-day retreat. In addition, four monthly intersessions provide participants opportunities to learn from local cultural leaders and professional experts. Throughout the program participants are encouraged to meet with current and past Hadley Creatives. Sessions will take place as follows:
- Announcement & Introduction to Hadley Creative Community: Friday, October 11, 2019 (evening)
- Orientation: Monday, October 14, 2019 (evening)
- Opening Retreat: Saturday - Sunday, November 2 -3, 2019 (overnight)
- Workshop 1: Monday, December 9, 2019 (evening)
- Workshop 2: Monday, January 13, 2020 (evening)
- Workshop 3: Monday, February 10, 2020 (evening)
- Workshop 4: Monday, March 16, 2020 (evening)
- Closing Retreat: Sunday, April 19, 2020 (full day)
For further details on the program schedule and information, see https://www.cflouisville.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/2020Hadley-Creatives.Info-Packet.Final_-1.pdf#page=5.
GrantWatch ID#: 181875
15 artists are selected.
The Opening Retreat is November 2 - 3, 2019, and the Closing Retreat is April 19, 2020.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply online: https://cflouisville.formstack.com/forms/hadleycreativesapplication2019
Direct all questions regarding the application, submission process, or online form to:
Ramona Lindsey, Program Officer
firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method)
Community Foundation of Louisville
325 W. Main Street, Suite 1110
Waterfront Plaza, West Tower
Louisville, KY 40202
USA: Indiana: Clark, Floyd, Harrison, Scott, and Washington Counties; Kentucky: Bullitt, Henry, Jefferson, Oldham, Shelby, Spencer, and Trimble Counties