Foundation / Corporation
Maine Cancer Foundation (MCF)
08/18/17 5:00 PM
Grants ranging from $10,000 to $50,000 to Maine nonprofits that are trying to reduce cancer mortality and incidence in the State. Funding is intended for operating support. Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact the Foundation prior to submittal. This funding opportunity is intended to build and support the infrastructure of organizations working to reduce the impact of cancer in Maine.
GrantWatch ID#: 181890
General operating grant awards will range from $10,000 to $50,000.
Who can apply?
- Organizations whose mission is aligned with Maine Cancer Foundation’s mission to reduce cancer incidence and mortality in Maine.
- Organizations must be based in Maine and benefit Maine people.
- Must have IRS 501c3 status.
- Must have a minimum two-year operating history after the date of receipt of its 501c3 classification.
- Must have annual operating expenses greater than $100,000 as reflected in the most recently filed IRS 990 form.
- Must have at least one full-time paid employee.
-National organizations with local chapters/affiliates or programs: Local chapters/affiliates or programs must demonstrate local control over their finances and operations, and have a local governing board; Written documentation delineating local control over the local chapter/affiliate must be available upon request. All funds must stay in Maine.
Who cannot apply?
- Organizations with budgets over $2,000,000.
- Organizations who re-grant funding.
- Organizations that are carrying a deficit on one out of their last three completed fiscal year financial statements.
- Endowment funds.
- Capital campaigns.
A grant recipient’s work must further Maine Cancer Foundation’s mission. Funds may not be diverted to benefit any individual. The results or benefits of any Foundation supported investigation or program are required to remain in the public domain for the benefit of Maine people.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact the Foundation if you have any questions about your eligibility or to discuss your application prior to submission.
Applications must be completed by 5 pm on Friday, August 18, 2017. Awards will be announced by September 30, 2017. Funds are distributed upon receipt of a signed contract.
Requests for general operating support may not exceed 10% of an organization’s annual operating expenses.