Foundation / Corporation
12/31/17 12:00 AM PST
Grants of $5,000 to USA active-duty and military veterans, National Guard and Reserve, and unmarried surviving spouses or civil union partners of eligible veterans for a home purchase, home refinance, or home renovation loan that will take place in the next 6-12 months.
All applicants must submit a 600-1,500 word essay explaining how the grant will impact their home life. The winner will be selected based on the eligibility requirements listed above, with a strong emphasis on compelling essays.
Supporting the veteran and military community is one of The Mortgage Report's greatest priorities. As veterans and current members of the Armed Forces, you have protected and served our country without asking anything in return. While the Foundation can offer their expert opinion on personal finance topics related to mortgages and real estate, they will always fall short of fulfilling their commitment to veterans and active-duty men and women.
Homeownership is important to the Funding Source because they know it's important to you. Owning a home is part of the fabric of society, it's the American Dream. It's a financial goal for almost every American, and it's a goal the Funding Source believes everyone should have in their sights, especially the women and men who have served in the nation's military.
GrantWatch ID#: 182087
Grants are awarded on March 1, 2018. The purchase, renovations, or refinancing must be planned in the next 6-12 months.
- Eligible applicants include active-duty and military veterans with any status but dishonorable discharge, National Guard and Reserve, or unmarried surviving spouses or civil union partners of eligible veterans who died as a result of military service.
- If active duty – must have served at least one year of federal active duty service in the Armed Forces of the United States, which may include the National Guard and the Reserve component of the Armed Forces.
- Award finalists will be asked to provide a copy of their Certificate of Eligibility. If you have not previously received a Certification of Eligibility (COE), please consult this guide on how to properly obtain a COE: http://www.benefits.va.gov/homeloans/purchaseco_certificate.asp
- Must be considering a home purchase in the next 6-12 months, a homeowner planning a refinance in the next 6-12 months, or a homeowner planning a home renovation in the next 6-12 months.
- All applicants must submit a 600-1,500 word essay explaining how this $5,000 grant will impact your home life. Maybe that means it enables you to buy a home, afford a refinance, or finally getting to a home improvement or renovation project you’ve been putting off.
All applications will be reviewed by a panel. The winner will be selected based on the eligibility requirements listed above, with a strong emphasis on compelling essays.
Once the winner is decided and notified of the award, he/she will receive a mailed 1099-MISC tax form and the check will be delivered to their address.
- Applications Accepted: July 12th, 2017 – December 31st, 2017
- Final Award Selection: February 1st, 2018
- Grant Awarded: March 1st, 2018
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Mr. Jackson Lindeke, Marketing Analyst
The Mortgage Reports – Full Beaker, Inc.,
200 112th Ave NE, #310
Bellevue, Washington 98004
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming