Foundation / Corporation
San Marcos Community Foundation (SMCF)
10/03/18 - Regular Grant Deadline. (Mini-Grants are awarded on a monthly basis.)
Small grants of up to $1,500 and larger grants ranging from $1,500 to $10,000 to San Marcos, California nonprofit organizations for programs and projects that focus on helping with wildlife education or preservation. Please note that this is a non-endowed fund.
As of January 2016, a little over $5,000 is available for Wildlife grants.
GrantWatch ID#: 182106
An agency can apply for a mini grant of $1,500 or less, or a regular grant of $1,500 to $10,000.
Wildlife Fund Grants can be made to any nonprofit organization serving San Marcos for projects to help with wildlife education or preservation.
To qualify for funding, grant requests must meet all of the following requirements:
- The representing organization must be exempt from income taxes under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and Section 23701(d) of the California Revenue and Taxation Code.
- The request must be for a nonprofit project or use directly benefiting the residents of San Marcos.
- At the time of the funding, the Board will establish the timing of the reporting period and all records/receipts must be submitted to the SMCF no later than the timeframe established by the Board. Failure to comply with the deadline will result in the grant monies (partial or full) being returned to the SMCF immediately and may impact future awards.
Funds may not be awarded to:
- Assist a religious, fraternal, or political purpose;
- Aid organizations whose primary function is to assist other charitable or public groups of activities through grants and donations;
- Underwrite the cost of advertising or fund-raisers.
Grant Forms: http://www.san-marcos.net/your-government/commissions-boards-committees/community-foundation/forms-resources
Click on the links in the Supporting Documents section below to download the application form in PDF or Word format.
FAQs and Eligibility: http://www.san-marcos.net/your-government/commissions-boards-committees/community-foundation/grants#1
Mini grants are awarded monthly and the regular grants are awarded quarterly. Regular grant deadlines are on the first Wednesday of the months of January, April, July and October (applications must be received by 5:30 pm).
Grant Application Deadlines for Regular Grants:
- Winter Quarter: Wednesday, January 3, 2018
- Spring Quarter: Wednesday, April 4, 2018
- Summer Quarter: Thursday, July 5, 2018
- Fall Quarter: Wednesday, October 3, 2018
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit the application via mail, in person, or via email to:
San Marcos Community Foundation
c/o City of San Marcos
1 Civic Center Drive
San Marcos, CA 92069
Email (PDF Format): firstname.lastname@example.org
(760) 744-1050 x3116
USA: California: San Marcos