Foundation / Corporation
Salt Lake City and Community Foundation of Utah
04/20/18 11:59 PM
Grants of up to $15,000 to Salt Lake City, Utah nonprofit youth athletic organizations to provide scholarships to low-income athletes in the local area. The purpose of this program is to make competitive sports more accessible to low-income youth by enabling clubs, teams, and athletic organizations to offer scholarships.
These grant funds are to be used strictly for individual scholarships for athletes participating in your program. “Scholarship” means the base fees that are necessary to enable an athlete to participate in the program and enjoy full membership benefits that are available to non-scholarship athletes. Examples of base fees include league registration fees, facility usage fees, uniforms, tournament expenses, etc.
GrantWatch ID#: 182264
Organizations are eligible for up to $15,000 annually, with a maximum scholarship of $1,500 per athlete.
Not all sports programs or organizations are the right fit for this grant. Please make sure you meet these requirements before completing the application.
To be eligible your organization must:
1. Be a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization or a Domestic Nonprofit Corporation registered with the State of Utah. Religious and governmental organizations are not eligible for these funds.
2. Have a primary focus on providing nonprofit competitive sports programming, either by having competitive youth sports as the only purpose of your organization or by having competitive youth sports as a big part of your programming. Youth must compete against other individuals or teams in sporting matches and competitions operating at an advanced level of play to qualify as competitive. Only competitive sports programming will be considered. Recreational and/or instructional programs are not eligible.
3. Demonstrate your commitment and knowledge of youth athletics. This means you can show that you have a history of running a youth athletic program or are partnering with an organization to create a new program for a specific, under-served, group of young people.
4. Show you can manage and administer the funds generated by the activity in a fiscally responsible manner. This means you have a way to keep track of the money and report to the Community Foundation of Utah and the City how the grant was used.
5. Be able to continue offering the sport activity in an effective and consistent fashion throughout the grant year or sports season. If the sport is seasonal (like skiing) please let us know in the application.
6. Your organization must carry and provide proof of liability insurance.
Although this is not a requirement, it would be helpful if your organization has the ability to add to these funds with others raised by private donations or with potential additional funds from Salt Lake City.
Any organization awarded over $5,000 will be required to provide a dollar for dollar match.
These funds are awarded up to twice annually.
Spring 2018 Applications are currently being accepted March 23, 2018 to April 20, 2018 at 11:59 PM. Decisions for funding will be made by May 4, 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: Utah: Salt Lake City