Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of Southern New Mexico (CFSNM) - Devasthali Family Foundation
Grants of up to $15,000 to Southern New Mexico nonprofit organizations in eligible Counties for programs and projects that focus on the areas of arts, education, child hunger, and maternal/child well-being. For purposes of this funding announcement, maternal/child well-being is defined broadly and may include one or more of the following:
- Prevention/wellness (physical health, mental health, or emotional health)
- Education (cognitive, language, social-emotional learning)
- Direct services
- Programs that support maternal/child well-being, including positive relationships between parents/caregivers and children
- Social determinants of health (the conditions that influence the places where we live, work, and play, such as our environment, housing, food, education, jobs, etc.)
Activities that are Eligible for Funding
- Direct Costs: Funding is principally for project/program costs and not for general operation and overhead expenses.
- Indirect/Administrative Costs: Allowable administrative costs include an appropriate proportion of rent, utilities, and other costs directly related to the development and implementation of the project/program.
GrantWatch ID#: 182267
Approximately 3-4 awards will be made.
The maximum award amount will not exceed $15,000.
Funding may be used from January 2018 - January 2019 / May 2018 - May 2019.
Proposals are requested from 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations or groups with a 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor and organized and operated for charitable and educational purposes.
Funding is not provided to individuals.
Applicant organizations must be located in and provide services in Doña Ana, Hidalgo, Otero, Sierra, Grant, Lincoln, or Luna Counties of New Mexico.
Activities Ineligible for Funding
- Annual funds, galas, or other special-event fundraising activities
- Capital campaigns/renovation projects
- Dissertations or student research projects
- Religious programs that primarily serve, or appear to serve, specific religious denominations or are primarily religious in nature
- Maintenance expenses
- Political activities, candidates, lobbying efforts, political contributions, or to support political campaign activities or for any purpose inconsistent with the CFSNM’s tax-exempt status
- Deficit budget expenses
- Previously committed personal pledge to a charity
- Travel for groups, such as school classes, clubs, or sports teams
- Ticket sales for charitable fundraising events
Important dates in this grant cycle are as follows:
September - December 2017 Cycle:
- September 1, 2017: Grant period opens
- December 31, 2017: Proposals due by midnight
- January 31, 2018: Awards announced
- January 31, 2019: Projects completed
- February 15, 2019: Final reports due
February - April 2018 Cycle:
- February 1, 2018: Grant period opens
- April 30, 2018: Proposals due by midnight
- May 31, 2018: Awards announced
- May 31, 2019: Projects completed
- June 15, 2019: Final reports due
To view further funding guidelines, click on the application link below (see Contact Information section) and create an account.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to apply online: https://cfsnmgrants.awardspring.com/
For questions regarding the Devasthali Family Foundation Fund, please contact CFSNM Executive Director, Terra Winter, at email@example.com or 575-521-4794.
USA: New Mexico: Doña Ana, Hidalgo, Otero, Sierra, Grant, Lincoln, and Luna Counties