Foundation / Corporation
United Way of Siouxland
10/18/17 4:30 PM
Grants ranging from $2,500 to $50,000 to Iowa, Nebraska, and South Dakota nonprofit organizations in the Sioux City Tri-State area for new or ongoing programs that improve the lives of local children and youth (ages 0 to 18). Specifically, grants must focus on one of the following areas:
- Poverty and its influence on children
- Health issues such as immunization rates and teen pregnancy
- Illiteracy and access to educational opportunities in the summer
- Parent involvement and its impact on children
- Food insecurity/lack of food
Priority will be given to programs that:
- Implement preventative strategies;
- Demonstrate the potential to break harmful intergenerational cycles and dependence on public systems by addressing underlying risk factors (e.g., poverty, substance abuse, teen pregnancy, illiteracy, health issues);
- Are based on sound research;
- Include quantitative and qualitative instruments to assess outcomes; and
- Use leverage (i.e. collaborate with other agencies and/or other dollars)
GrantWatch ID#: 182273
Requests may range from $2,500 to $50,000.
Funds must be expended within one year of the grant. Applications for an additional second and third year may be made.
Organizations holding non-profit status (501c3) and that benefit children in the Sioux City Tri-State Area (i.e. Woodbury County in Iowa, Dakota County in Nebraska, and Union County in South Dakota) are eligible to apply.
All application materials must be received at United Way of Siouxland no later than 4:30 PM on October 18, 2017.
Applicants will be notified of the final funding decisions by the end of February and first quarterly funds will be distributed during a press conference in February.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
In addition to the online application, all applicants must submit the required documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or, by mail to:
c/o United Way of Siouxland
701 Steuben St.
Sioux City, IA 51101
Contact United Way at 712-255-3551 with questions.
USA: Iowa: Woodbury County; Nebraska: Dakota County; South Dakota: Union County