Foundation / Corporation
11/06/18 2:00 PM Receipt
Grants of up to $10,000 to Ontario nonprofit organizations in the City of Toronto to support professional development leadership training opportunities for nonprofit leaders at a recognized leadership institution. Eligible applicants must be leaders of charitable organizations in one of following three areas: environment, performing arts, and economic development for low-income populations.
Applicants can apply for grants to cover the costs of designated program fees, along with associated travel and accommodation expenses. A strong proposal will provide the rationale for why the designated program is of value to the applicant’s work, including how it will enhance their contributions to their organization and sector.
Applicants must work in one of Metcalf’s three program areas:
- Environment – Organizations must be working to build a low-carbon, resource efficient, and resilient Canada. The lead charitable organization must be based in the City of Toronto.
- Performing Arts – Professional theatre, dance, music, or opera companies working to leverage opportunities for new approaches and shared learning in the performing arts. All organizations must be based in the City of Toronto.
- Inclusive Local Economies – Organizations must be working to improve the economic livelihoods of low-income people in Toronto. All organizations must be based in the City of Toronto.
This fund has been designed for individuals who work for a charitable organization in a leadership position with decision-making authority, and who have made notable contributions to the non-profit sector.
Examples of programs would be those offered at the Banff Centre and the Rockwood Leadership Institute. Funding support will be conditional upon acceptance to the training opportunity. Applications can, however, be submitted to the Foundation prior to program application and/or acceptance.
GrantWatch ID#: 182344
For the Individual Leadership Fund, applicants can apply for grants up to $10,000.
As a charitable foundation registered with the Canada Revenue Agency, the Metcalf Foundation can only provide grants to organizations with charitable status. Applications must be submitted, therefore, by the charitable organization that employs the leader.
Current Metcalf Foundation grantees may apply to the Leading & Learning program as long as the proposed activity does not duplicate existing work funded by the Foundation.
While Leading & Learning is a Foundation-wide initiative, individuals and organizations are strongly encouraged to contact the appropriate Program Director (Performing Arts, Inclusive Local Economies, or Environment) to discuss their ideas in advance of submitting an application.
For 2018 awards, applications for the Individual Leadership Fund will be accepted on or before:
2:00pm, May 15, 2018
2:00pm, November 6, 2018
More information on the program areas:
- Environment: https://metcalffoundation.com/our-programs/program-area/environment/
- Performing Arts: https://metcalffoundation.com/our-programs/program-area/performing-arts/
- Inclusive Local Economies: https://metcalffoundation.com/our-programs/program-area/inclusive-local-economies/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit application to: email@example.com
Heather Dunford, Grants Manager
416-926-0366 x 233
Adriana Beemans, Inclusive Local Economies Program Director
416-926-0366 x 224
Michael Trent, Performing Arts Program Director
416-926-0366 x 225
Andre Vallillee, Environment Program Director
416-926-0366 x 230
38 Madison Avenue