Foundation / Corporation
Renton Regional Community Foundation (RRCF) - First Financial Northwest Foundation (FFNWF) Fund
10/05/18 5:00 PM PDT
Grants to Washington nonprofit organizations for programs and projects that enhance the quality of life for residents in Pierce, Snohomish, and King Counties. An LOI is due prior to the application deadline. Funding is intended to support programming and improve communal services, thereby leaving a lasting impact on the communities of the region.
Grants are generally awarded for projects or organizations that do one or more of the following:
- Develop new and innovative approaches to community problems
- Invest in equipment or facilities that have a long-lasting impact
- Provide a direct service to the community
- Encourage the participation of diverse groups and individuals
- Address an urgent need
- Provide a quality-of-life benefit to the community
- Leverage or generate other funding resources
- Generate measurable and sustainable outcomes
- Address root causes and long-term solutions
- Facilitate the improvement of services or programs
Applications are accepted for areas as diverse as (but not limited to) the following:
- Arts & Music
- At-Risk Kids
- Domestic Violence
- Food Security
- Senior Assistance
GrantWatch ID#: 182351
The First Financial Northwest Foundation Fund generally covers requests from King, Pierce and Snohomish Counties.
Generally, the Fund does not provide grants to:
- Conferences or community forums
- Religious organizations (except possibly for non-sectarian activities)
- General operating expenses
- Annual fundraising events or campaigns
- Tuition or scholarships
- Direct assistance to individuals
- For-profit organizations
- Political or lobbying efforts
- Debt retirement
- Projects already completed
Each year, the FFNWF Fund holds a single grant cycle. During the first phase, organizations submit a letter of inquiry. The donor advisors meet to narrow down the list, and the remaining organizations are asked to submit a full application.
The 2018 LOI deadline is Friday, August 17th at 5 PM PDT. Applicants must submit their LOI online. Requests sent directly through First Financial Northwest Bank will not be considered.
August 17th 5 p.m. – LOI deadline
September 14th – Agencies notified if they are being asked for a full grant proposal.
October 5th 5 p.m. – Grant applications due.
December 20th – Final grant decisions announced.
Grants will be awarded on February 13, 2019.
For more information about any of the programs or funds within the Foundation, applicants are welcome to contact the Foundation.
For the Letter of Inquiry preview and process:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For the online application portal:
To make an appointment, applicants are requested to phone the Foundation at:
Phone: (425) 282-5199
Contact page: http://www.rentonfoundation.org/contact-us.html
Renton Regional Community Foundation
P.O. Box 820
Renton, WA 98057
1101 Bronson Way N.
Renton, WA 98057
USA: Washington: King, Pierce, and Snohomish Counties