Arlington Commission for the Arts and Arlington Cultural Affairs Division (CAD)
Grants of up to $35,000 to Arlington, Virginia arts and cultural nonprofits to maintain or establish cultural programming for the city. All applicants must attend a grant workshop on either November 6, 8, or 18, 2017. An Intent to Apply is due on December 1, 2017.
The purpose of funding is to assist arts organizations to establish and maintain programs in the County by:
- Providing facilities, financial, and technical support
- Enabling the development of a broad base of community support
- Enhancing their artistic, technical, and managerial competence
The FY 2019 Project Grant is a competitive program that supports arts organizations with financial grants for innovative projects that:
1. Are mission focused
2. Are wholly new undertakings for the applicant or represent the further development of an on-going direction
3. Foster excellence and diversity of arts and culture in Arlington County
4. Have significant impact on the community or meet a need in the County
5. Result in distinctive, high quality, and meaningful cultural experiences in Arlington County
GrantWatch ID#: 182371
Eligible organizations may apply for grants that are up to 50% of an organization’s total revenue on its most recently filed IRS Form 990 or 990 EZ. The maximum award is $35,000.
The grant period for this program is July 1, 2018, to June 30, 2019. All artistic and cultural works must be presented in Arlington within the grant period.
To be eligible to receive a FY 2019 Project Grant an organization must:
1. Be certified as a 501(c)3 nonprofit by the IRS or have Fiscal Sponsorship of a certified 501(c)3.
2. Have a physical street address in Arlington County as shown on the organization’s most recently filed IRS Form 990 or 990 EZ or, on its most recently filed MISC 1099 if the organization is under Fiscal Sponsorship. PO Boxes are not accepted.
3. Have filed an IRS Form 990 or 990 EZ with the IRS for its most recent fiscal year. IRS 990 e-postcards are not accepted.
4. Produce a regular program of cultural and artistic activitiesthat are consistent with the mission of the organization.
5. Have complied with all requirements and conditions imposed by the Commission in the previous grant period.
6. Show a guaranteed 1:1 cash match in the proposed project budget.
A Project Grant ,may not be used to fund general operating expenses or regular programming. A grant may fund salary, wage, and contract expenses only if the expenses specifically support the proposed project.
All organizations and individual artists interested in applying for an Arlington Arts Grant must attend a Grants Preparation Workshop to learn about the programs, the eligibility requirements, how to apply, and the grant review and award notification processes.
Workshops for Project Grants will be held on the following dates and times:
1. Monday, November 6, 2017, from 1:30 to 3:30 pm
2. Wednesday, November 8, 2017, from 6:30 to 8:30 pm
3. Saturday, November 18, 2017, from 12:30 to 2:30 pm
Registration is required. Due to limited space, each interested applicant is asked to register for one workshop and organizations are asked to have only one representative attend. See Contact Information below for registration links.
The organization must apply to the project at least a one-to-one (1:1) Cash Match in non-County funds.
Step 1: Arts Grants Preparation Workshop
Step 2: Intent to Apply Process:
-Submit Intent to Apply application Friday, December 1, 2017, 5:00 pm
- Applicants receive eligibility notification Friday, December 8, 2017
- Intent to Apply appeals accepted Monday, December 11 - Wednesday, December 13, 2017, 5:00 pm
- Notification of appeals determination Thursday, December 21, 2017
Step 3: Grant Application Process:
- Submit Grant Application Friday, February 9, 2018, 5:00 pm
- Grant Applications Review “Grants Day” Saturday, April 21, 2018
- Award recommendation vote by Arts Commission Wednesday, April 25, 2018
- Grantees receive Notification Packet Friday, April 27, 2018
- Grant Award Appeals accepted Monday April 30 - Friday, May 11, 2018, 5:00 pm
- Notification of appeals determination Thursday, May 25, 2018
- Submit required documents as indicated in Award Notification Packet Friday, June 22, 2018, 5:00
- County Board considers grant recommendations Mid- July, 2018
- Project and Individual Artist grants processed August 1, 2018
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To register for the November 6 workshop: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/arlington-arts-grants-workshop-for-organizations-tickets-38051959435
To register for the November 8 workshop: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/arlington-arts-grants-workshop-for-organizations-tickets-38051993537
To register for the November 18 workshop: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/arlington-arts-grants-workshop-for-organizations-tickets-38052044690
Submit the application to: email@example.com
Please email the above address for questions.