Foundation / Corporation
Grants of up to $1,000 to Ontario youth-oriented groups to identify critical issues and improve the quality of life of young people in the community. Applicants are encouraged to contact the Foundation prior to applying. The Foundation aims to identify issues where it can contribute to systemic change among youth and is committed to advancing the social health and inclusion of Ontario’s young people.
The Conversation Starter Grant supports youth-led and youth-serving groups across Ontario to get conversations started that can help identify a common issue affecting young people that needs to be addressed, and/or identify who needs to be involved in a collective effort to improve the conditions of young people in their community.
- Salaries, honoraria, stipends
- Transportation, food, childcare and other expenses that make project activities accessible to young people and other stakeholders
- Administrative costs associated with the project
- Project materials and small equipment/technology as long as it is directly related to the project
GrantWatch ID#: 182420
Grants are up to $1,000.
-Youth-led or youth-serving group looking to build a collaborative to work in a community in Ontario
- New or informal group
- You are convening to identify specific youth priorities for your community that needs to be addressed
- You are looking for funding/resources to help you get your youth collective impact conversation going in your community
Please note that the Foundation will not consider full applications from applicants that did not receive an invitation following their expression of interest submission and an invitation is not a guarantee of funding.
- Fundraising campaigns
- Capital projects
- Direct financial support to for-profit enterprises
- Ongoing operating expenses that are unrelated to the proposed project
- Projects involving Partisan political activities
- Projects involving strictly religious purposes or activities
Online Application Deadline: November 17, 2017
An expression of interest (EOI) is the first step for prospective applicants. If you are interested in seeking funding from Youth Direct Action, Scaling Impact or Knowledge Building, you will answer a few questions about yourself and provide a preliminary outline of your intended project. Prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to contact the Program Managers to discuss their expression of interest in advance of applying.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online Application Portal:
YouthCI Outreach Coordinator
416.964.3614 ext. 302
416.964.3614 ext. 309
2 St. Clair Avenue East, 3rd Floor
Toronto, ON M4T 2T5