Foundation / Corporation
The Women's Fund of Herkimer and Oneida Counties
Grants averaging $5,000 to New York nonprofit organizations for programs that create opportunities for women and girls in Herkimer and Oneida counties. Funding is intended for opportunities that promote economic, personal, and educational growth for women in the community.
Funding is also intended to encourage the advancement and full participation of women and girls in the community.
What the Foundation funds:
- Direct project and personnel costs
- Related administrative and office expenses essential to the project
- Equipment or capital expenditures that directly benefit women and girls
- The priority is for funding grants which directly impact the health, safety and basic welfare of women and girls
GrantWatch ID#: 182584
Awards average $5,000 each. There is no minimum amount that must be requested.
The Women's Fund invites requests for funding that will assist women and/or girls in Herkimer and Oneida counties. Gender and geographic location are the sole restrictions on those who may benefit.
Organizations must be designated as tax-exempt under Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code, or a fiscal agent with that status.
Only one grant proposal per year may be submitted by an agency.
What the Foundation does not fund:
- Ongoing operating expenses
- Religious or political purposes
- Underwriting for fund raising events
- Debt reduction
- Individual scholarships
- Individual medical procedures
- Indirect costs of any percentage
- Already incurred expenses
- Hospitality expenses (i.e. food, parties, party supplies, receptions)
Grants applications must be postmarked no later than September 21, 2018.
The Foundation will not accept grants sent by hand-delivery, fax, or email.
What We Fund:
How to Apply:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications should be mailed to:
The Women’s Fund of Herkimer & Oneida Counties, Inc.
Attn: Grants Committee
2 Williams Street
Clinton, NY 13323
USA: New York: Herkimer and Oneida counties