Foundation / Corporation
Grants of up to $7,500 to Parkland County, Alberta community associations to host one-time events, produce new programs, and improve existing ones. Funding priority will be given to programs and events that focus on families and children. Events and programs must be open to the public.
The allocation of the Community Association Program and Event Grant is based on:
1. Special event activities (i.e. Family Day, July 1st, Children’s Christmas Party etc.)
2. New programming (i.e. Start-up funds to support new programs, membership drives, or equipment for programs).
3. New component to an existing program (adding some new features to a program that is already successful to attract a greater community awareness/participation)
4. Volunteer training (i.e. workshop attendance fees)
Eligible expenses include:
- Purchase of program supplies and equipment
- Payment for program/event staff or instructors
- Payment for entertainment
- Publicity costs
- Rental/facility costs
- Food or non-alcoholic beverage costs
- Licensing/Permit fees (i.e. SOCAN, Liquor License, Public Performance License)
The grant may only be used to offset the costs associated with the program or event.
GrantWatch ID#: 182631
The number of annual approved applications depends upon the budget allocated and the number of grant applications.
Grants are only available to recognized community associations.
Expenses not covered:
- The purchase of alcohol for program/event
- Programs that are closed to the general public ( i.e. recognition events)
- Programs already funded by another agency (i.e. FCSS)
Deadlines: March 15, May 15, August 15, November 15
Each group is eligible for funding up to 50% of the expenses. The 50% supplied by the community association may include cash, in kind donations of equipment, supplies, and donated labor.
Please submit your application using the Fillable application PDF. The Read Only version is provided for reference only.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit applications by mail or in person to:
Attn: Parks, Recreation & Culture
53109A HWY 779
Parkland County, AB
Drop Box: Located to the right of the main door entry
Office Hours: 8:30am - 4:30 p.m.
Or by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (PDF or Word format only)
For questions about the application, contact Lenny Richer at (780)968-8327.