Foundation / Corporation
01/14/19 5:00 PM PST
Grants of up to $500 and in-kind support to King County, Washington independent and early career visual artists, artist groups, and collaborative teams to exhibit underrepresented contemporary art. Funding and support are intended to help publicize the work of artists who are not currently represented by a commercial art gallery.
Emerging artists and those whose approach to studio practice is underrepresented in commercial venues are encouraged to apply.
The panel will strive to highlight a range of media and approaches to contemporary art-making. Cultural and geographic diversity (within King County) will also be considered. The composition of the panel changes every year; thus, applicants whose proposals were reviewed but not selected in previous years are encouraged to reapply.
The 1,000-square-foot exhibition space is located on the street level of the 4Culture administrative offices in the heart of Seattle’s Pioneer Square neighborhood and is open weekdays from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Opening receptions take place on First Thursday, as part of the ever-popular Pioneer Square art walk.
GrantWatch ID#: 182647
Selected artists, teams and groups receive curatorial direction, communications/PR support, and a $500 honorarium to help defray expenses.
The exhibition runs from September 2019 through July 2020. Ten (10) month-long shows by King County artists will ultimately be presented. The gallery is dark in December and August.
- Visual artists, collaborative teams and artist groups working in all media and genres (except performance art) are eligible to apply.
- Applicants, including all group or team members, must reside in King County, WA.
- Applicants may not be represented by a commercial art gallery at the time of submission. Members of artist run collectives and cooperative galleries are welcome to apply.
- Artists who have exhibited at Gallery 4Culture in solo or 2-person shows are ineligible to reapply for a period of three years.
- Current 4Culture Board members, Advisory Committee members, employees, and the business partners and immediate family members of all of the above are not eligible to apply.
- Submission deadline: January 14, 2019, 5:00 pm PST
- Selection panel review: mid-February 2019
- Notification of results: late February 2019
Do not wait until the last minute! 4Culture urges applicants to submit their application early.
Artists are responsible for the delivery, installation and de-installation of their work, and for supplying and insuring all electronic equipment used in their show.
While Gallery 4Culture is not a commercial venue, exhibiting artists are welcome to offer their works for sale. Any sale of art is handled directly between the artist and collector; 4Culture takes no commission.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Please contact Jordan Howland with questions about Gallery 4Culture:
Please contact Brennan Jernigan with questions about the application process:
101 Prefontaine Pl S
Seattle, WA 98104
USA: Washington: King County