Foundation / Corporation
The Colorado Health Foundation
02/15/19 5:00 PM MT
Grants to Colorado nonprofit organizations, eligible for-profit clinics, and public agencies including state and local governments for capital requests and projects that will improve access to primary healthcare services in low-income and rural communities.
The focus area for this round of funding is Maintain Healthy Bodies.
Having access to comprehensive primary care and ample opportunities to be active are two important building blocks to a healthy life. This means the health care experience should be reflective of who a person is and what they require for improved health. Far too many children in Colorado lack safe options in the places they live, play and learn. Having access to nearby play areas and programs can motivate a more active lifestyle.
The two following priorities are the focus of the Foundation's work in this area:
- Primary Care: To create equity in access to and use of high-quality, comprehensive primary care, so that more Coloradans receive quality primary care that reflects who they are, what they need and is near where they live.
- Children Move More: To support children to move their bodies in a safe and fun way every day, so that more children, ages 4 to 14, engage in at least 90 minutes of moderate-to-vigorous physical activity every week.
To be considered for funding, organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated community need
- Focus on team-based/integrated care
- Satisfactory past financial and operational performance
- Demonstrated financial need
- Primary care projects funded by grants and/or loans* must be for one or more of the following purposes:
- Increase the number of people receiving quality primary care services, with preference for integrated physical, behavioral and/or oral health services
- Improve the quality of primary care delivered through redesigned spaces for better team-based care or improved health information technology systems
Preference will be given to organizations with programs/projects that demonstrate an increased number of people will receive high-quality primary care services – with a preference for integrated physical, behavioral and/or oral health – through redesigned spaces that enhance team-based care or improved health information technology systems.
Colorado organizations providing primary care services may apply for funds to support the following projects:
- Facility acquisition, construction, renovation or expansion
- Medical and office equipment purchases
- Hardware, software, installation and technical assistance costs associated with health information technology systems
- Operating expenses associated with physical or information technology expansions/improvements
- Loans only – Working capital for expenses associated with new or expanded services
Measurable Reach: Applicants will be asked to indicate how their work will increase the number of people accessing comprehensive primary care services within one year at the end of the capital enhancement.
GrantWatch ID#: 182901
Grant funding is available for up to $500,000.
Proposals for multiyear funding are welcome. Applicants are encouraged to delineate clearly the need for additional years of funding.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online:
If you are unable to complete an online application, please contact the senior director of Grantmaking Operations for instructions about an alternative submission.
Senior Director of Grantmaking Operations
Use this interactive map to connect with a program officer who focuses on the county or area you work in:
The Colorado Health Foundation
1780 Pennsylvania St
Denver, CO 80203