Foundation / Corporation
Baltimore Office of Promotion and the Arts (BOPA)
03/31/19 11:59 PM ET
Grants of up to $5,000 to Baltimore City, Maryland artists, and arts and cultural organizations for community arts and culture projects. Funding is intended to encourage arts access and community participation in arts and culture related programs that serve residents throughout the City's diverse neighborhoods.
The Creative Baltimore Fund Mayor’s Individual Artist Project Support (PS) encourages artists and partner organizations to be inventive, and propose arts and cultural experiences that have lasting community impact. Projects should promote active participation and a process of discovery in art and culture.
GrantWatch ID#: 183207
The Mayor’s Individual Artist Project Support grant will award up to $5,000.
The FY20 Grant Period will be July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2020. All funded activities must occur during the grant period.
Through the Creative Baltimore Fund, BOPA grants funds to qualified artists, and arts and cultural organizations based in Baltimore City.
To be eligible for the FY20 Project Support grant program, applicant individuals and organizations must meet each of the following criteria:
- Individual and/or groups of practicing professional artists 18 years of age or older organizing projects in Baltimore City with experience or background that demonstrates their ability to administer a community arts project. Employees of BOPA are not eligible.
- Partner Organizations must be a nonprofit, tax exempt organization with a 501c3 determination letter from the Internal Revenue Service.
- Have a Certificate of Good Standing certifying that the applicant is a registered nonprofit corporation, in good standing, in the State of Maryland.
- Have a permanent and viable base of operations in Baltimore City for at least one year prior to the grant application deadline.
- Have produced or presented arts / cultural program(s) open to the public within the previous two years prior to the grant application deadline.
- Provide the required financial documentation.
The following types of organizations are not eligible to apply to the Project Support grant program (this list is not meant to be exhaustive):
- Units of government;
- Religious institutions without a separate 501c3 organization that specifically administers non-sectarian public programming;
- Organizations that are not in good standing with BOPA and/or in compliance with previous grants;
- Organizations receiving a General Operating Support grant from BOPA are not eligible to receive Project Support funding in the same grant cycle.
Funding Restrictions: BOPA funds cannot be used for religious ceremonies or events advancing or inhibiting a particular religious ideology; fundraising or advocacy of specific political causes or candidates; capital improvements (facilities and equipment); agent’s fees for programs contracted through commercial agencies; and travel outside of the United States.
- Thursday, January 31, 2019: Application Available online
- Sunday, March 31, 2019: Application Deadline at 11:59pm ET
-April 2019: Panel Review
- June 2019: Grant Awards Announced
- July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2020: FY20 Grant Period; all funded activities must occur during the grant period.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For further information and the online application: https://promotionandarts.submittable.com/submit/133706/creative-baltimore-fund-fy20-individual-artist-project-support
For additional information, please contact:
Krista D. Green, Interim Arts Council Director
Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts
10 E. Baltimore Street, 10th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21202
USA: Maryland: Baltimore City