Foundation / Corporation
American Alpine Club (AAC) and Access Fund
Grants to USA anchor replacement groups and climbing organizations to support initiatives to replace inadequate fixed anchors on established routes in local climbing areas. Grant applicants will be expected to demonstrate both need and support from local community members.
The American Alpine Club and Access Fund launched the Anchor Replacement Fund to address the growing concerns of anchor failure and the access issues that could result from these incidents. Across the United States, bolts installed in the 80s and 90s are aging, and there is an immediate need to address inadequate fixed anchors and increase support for local and national partners leading these efforts.
We invite local climbing and anchor replacement organizations to seek funding and support for anchor replacement initiatives at their local climbing area. Grant applications are reviewed by a team of experts from the Access Fund, American Alpine Club, and anchor replacement community. Grant applicants are expected to demonstrate both need and support from the local community.
Support will go to work that:
- Replaces bolts or fixed anchors on established routes (no new route development)
- Uses 1/2 inch stainless bolts where power drills are allowed or3/8 inch if hand drilled
- Demonstrates community support, compatible land use regulations, respect for local ethics and history, and a well laid out plan and budget
- Is in the United States
GrantWatch ID#: 183600
Applications are welcomed from local climbing organizations and anchor replacement groups.
- Applications from individuals
- Bolts for new routes or route development
- 3/8 inch or less, non-stainless bolts and hangers
- Anchor replacement projects that fail to address or lack community support, compatible land use regulations, respect for local ethics and history, and a well-laid out plan and budget.
- Anchor replacement projects outside the United States
Annual Application Deadline: September 15
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
E-mail grant applications to email@example.com
The American Alpine Club
710 10th St. - Suite 100
Golden, CO 80401
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming