Foundation / Corporation
Fellowships to New York City emerging visual artists of any media, including perfomance-based and/or participatory visual expression, and public art. The year-long fellowships will culminate exhibitions at a New York City art museum. Fellows will participate in the professional development program and work closely with Queens Museum staff on their artist project and publication.
GrantWatch ID#: 183749
Fellows will participate in exhibitions at the Queens Museum in Spring 2019 and Fall 2019. The fellowship period will include the year leading up to the opening and ending with the closing of their exhibition.
Artists must reside in NYC until the end of the 12-month Fellowship periods: August 2018 – August 2019 and February 2019 – February 2020.
- Artists who are working in visual art in all media including public art, participatory and/or performance-based visual expression are eligible for this opportunity.
- Artists must be a resident of New York City—from any of the five boroughs—and must have resided in the City for at least one year prior to the application deadline. Artists must reside in NYC until the end of the 12-month Fellowship periods: August 2018 – August 2019 and February 2019 – February 2020.
- Artists may not be enrolled in a degree-seeking program, either part-time or full-time, at an institution of higher learning at the time of the application deadline or during the Fellowship year.
- Eligible artists must fit the definition of “emerging” as defined by Queens Museum below. The artist must be limited in exhibition exposure, with no more than a few grants or fellowship awards.
- The Queens Museum defines an emerging artist as one who is at the dawn of their public career; one who has completed his or her studies, but has not had solo exhibitions at established commercial galleries or institutions or received major grants; one who is well beyond her/his studies, and may have participated in group exhibitions but have not received extensive press or market recognition; one who may have exhibited work in other countries on a limited basis, but have not had major exhibition opportunities in the US or in New York in particular.
Submission Deadline: July 16, 2018
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply using the URL for Full Text link below.
New York City Building
Flushing Meadows Corona Park
Queens, NY 11368
T 718 592 9700
F 718 592 5778
USA: New York City; New York