Foundation / Corporation
Grants ranging from $500 to $5,000 to Illinois nonprofit organizations and government agencies to protect and preserve important sites and structures. Funding is specifically intended to benefit sites at risk of demolition, deteriorating or unstable sites, and those that must be evaluated for re-use or for landmark eligibility.
Eligible Structures and Sites:
- Eligible beneficiaries of Preservation Heritage Fund grants are significant structures or sites in Illinois that are under threat of demolition, imminent deterioration, or are of such architectural importance that their preservation will benefit the public and Illinois community.
- Structures or sites on Landmarks Illinois’ most recent “Endangered List” are presumed to be Eligible Structures.
- A project must benefit one or more specifically identified Eligible Structures or Sites and one or more specifically identified preservation issues. Projects relating to Eligible Structures or Sites on the most recent Landmarks Illinois “Endangered List” will be given priority consideration.
- A project must be for the purpose of preserving (rehabilitation, restoration, adaptive reuse) all or part of an Eligible Structure or Site.
- A project must comply, where applicable, with the Secretary of the Interior’s Standard for Rehabilitation, Restoration, or Adaptive Reuse. Landmarks Illinois may ask the applicant for an affidavit of compliance with these standards as a condition of making a grant.
Preservation Heritage Fund grants fund the following project types:
- Engineering, architectural, and feasibility studies
- Legal services
- Surveys and National Register Nominations
- Preservation ordinance support
GrantWatch ID#: 183798
Grants range from $500 - $5,000.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online: https://landmarksillinois.submittable.com/submit/133288/preservation-heritage-fund-grant-application
Suzanne Germann, Director of Grants and Easements
(312) 922-1742 extension 225
30 N. Michigan Ave., Ste. 2020
Chicago, IL 60602