Foundation / Corporation
Greater Green Bay Community Foundation (GGBCF) - Stand Together Foundation
Grants starting at $10,000 to Wisconsin nonprofit organizations, government agencies, and schools for programs and projects that address the root causes of poverty in Brown, Kewaunee, and Oconto Counties. Funding is intended to promote self-sufficiency and economic stability for local residents. Priority will be given to initiatives in the areas of housing stability, education and workforce development, human services, and basic needs.
This program funds measurable strategies to move people from the brink of poverty to a place of financial stability.
Grants will provide program or project support. Equipment, technology, and continuous improvement work to enhance organizational capacity or efficiencies will be considered, as will other priorities, as determined by the Grants Committee. Ongoing operations will be considered if an applicant demonstrates significant changes in capacity, identified need, delivery, structure, or implementation, or if a true collaboration is involved.
Projects will be evaluated on the following criteria. Strong programs will:
- Have a transformational and lasting impact on the lives of low-income adults, youth and families
- Articulate a well-defined need with clear actions to meet the need
- Articulate a plan toward sustainability
- Take into account best practices and other models
- Use collaborative strategies or coordinated services to leverage impact
- Alignment with current regional poverty reduction strategies is encouraged
- Propose a clear and appropriate budget
- Have a clear evaluation methodology with defined, meaningful, and measurable outcomes
- Seek to make a long-term impact on the community and those served relative to cost
- Have a positive standing with the Greater Green Bay Community Foundation, or similar granting partners, regarding previously received grants. This includes the complete and timely submission of final reports detailing measured impact, activities, and expenditures.
GrantWatch ID#: 183963
Award amounts are a minimum of $10,000.
Multi-year requests may be considered.
All applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a nonprofit organization with a 501(c)(3) designation by the Internal Revenue Service or a governmental body, such as a school or municipality
- Directly serve the people of the greater Green Bay area, with primary emphasis on those residing in Brown, Kewaunee and Oconto counties
- Conduct business without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or national origin.
The Stand Together Foundation does not fund the following:
- Annual appeals or other fundraising activities or events
- Religious activities or programs that serve, or appear to serve, specific religious organizations, groups, denominations, or beliefs
- Debt retirement, deficit financing, reduction of an operating deficit or replenishment of resources used to pay for such purposes
- Lobbying or legislative activities
- Programming or expenses occurring before the grant is awarded
- Efforts substantially serving people outside of Brown, Kewaunee and Oconto counties.
Applications must be received by the Foundation by October 1, 2018. Decisions will be announced within 8-10 weeks of the application deadline.
Applications for grants may be submitted either online or via mail or email.
Before applying for a grant, applicant organizations are encouraged to talk to Foundation staff to discuss their ideas. Please contact Amber Paluch, Vice President of Community Engagement, for a brief conversation.
For information about the grants program:
How to Apply: https://www.ggbcf.org/-Grant-Scholarship-Seekers/Apply-for-a-Grant
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To access the online application portal: https://ggbcf.iphiview.com/ggbcf/NonprofitsAgencies/RegisterYourselfasaGrantsAdministrator/tabid/261/Default.aspx
Or written applications may be emailed or mailed to:
The Greater Green Bay Community Foundation
320 N. Broadway, Suite 260
Green Bay, WI 54303
For questions, please contact:
Vice President of Community Engagement
USA: Wisconsin: Brown, Kewaunee, and Oconto counties