Arkansas Development Finance Authority (ADFA)
08/19/19 11:59 PM CST
Grants to Arkansas nonprofits, public housing agencies, organizations, and for-profit entities to construct new rental housing for extremely low-income veterans and their families. Funding may be used to build housing projects, single family homes, and multifamily residential rental units for extremely low-income (ELI) individuals and families.
Geographic Diversity: ADFA anticipates allocating available NHTF funds to expand the ELI and ELI Veteran rental housing supply located throughout Arkansas in areas near VA Medical Facilities/Hospitals, VA Support Services, and urban areas where employers are more concentrated and more likely to offer jobs to Veterans first.
Preference in the scoring matrix will be given to ELI Veterans who:
1. Are homeless (or at risk of becoming homeless),
2. Have special needs,
3. Are leaving correctional facilities, and/or
4. Have mental health issues.
A single proposed multi-family development may not contain less than four (4) units designated and reserved for ELI Veterans’ households and the remaining units reserved for ELI households.
For a detailed list of Scope of Services and Requirements, see Exhibit A: https://adfa.arkansas.gov/media/file/NHTF_NOFA_05012019_oyehLF7.pdf#page=8
GrantWatch ID#: 184333
No single recipient may receive more than $1,000,000.00; however, ADFA has the right to waive this per-recipient allocation cap.
The maximum cost-per-unit is limited to:
- Rental Unit, 3-4 bedrooms, 2 bath, minimum bedroom net area 120 sq. ft.: $151,000
- Rental Unit, 1-2 bedrooms, 1-2 baths, minimum bedroom net area of of 120 sq. ft.:$120,000
- Single Family, 3-4 bedrooms, 2 bath, minimum bedroom net area of 120 sq. ft.: $162,000
- Single Family, 2 bedrooms, 1-2 bath, minimum bedroom net area of 120 sq. ft.: $140,000
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email applications to: email@example.com
Questions should be directed to:
Lori Brockway, Federal Housing Program Manager
Deanne Jennings, HOME Program Specialist