Foundation / Corporation
Toyota Material Handling North America (TMHNA) and The Raymond Corporation
Grants to USA researchers and professors for innovative material handling research. Funding is intended for well-planned research that will have significant positive impact on the field of material handling. Applicants are encouraged to submit proposals on a wide range of themes.
TMHNA is seeking proposals for research that drives new technology or innovative approaches to the material handling industry. The mission is to encourage professors and researchers to apply their knowledge of engineering and technical fields, drawing synergies and collaboration between collegiate research and Toyota Material Handling North America.
Proposal themes related to the following areas are encouraged but given the broad nature material handling, other themes are welcome as well.
- Material handling for last mile delivery
- Material handling for urban environments
- Material handling for piece picking
- Material handling for reverse logistics
- Material handling automation
- Remote operation of material handling equipment
- Warehousing Energy Infrastructure
- VR/AR for material handling applications
- Machine learning in material handling
- ADAS systems for material handling equipment
- Industry 4.0
Through the URP, TMHNA hopes to establish relationships with leading universities and researchers to conduct innovative research that will advance material handling and contribute to TMHNA’s future research activities. Funding selection of URP proposals shall be at the sole discretion of TMHNA.
The following criteria are the primary criteria that will be used to evaluate URP proposals:
- Research must contribute to the field of material handling.
- Research must be significant, innovative and have a positive impact on the future of material handling.
- Research effort must be well planned and feasible with in the time period specified and budget requested.
- Researchers and principal investigators must be qualified in the proposed field of research.
GrantWatch ID#: 184508
It is anticipated that multiple proposals will receive financial support.
Up to $500,000 per year
Faculty that receive financial support through the University Research Program (URP) may be invited to renew the contract for up to three years based on the research outcomes.
Full-time professors or researchers in North American universities are eligible to apply.
Proposal Deadline: December 15, 2018
Announcement of Selected Proposals: April 2019
The University Research Program Proposal Confirmation letter must be approved without modification by the university as part of the proposal submission process.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming